Height of 'Shakers Prayer'?

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Hi all,
Hopefully, it's OK to ask about siberian Iris here, too?

I just purchased some siberian iris and I can't find the height for 'Shakers Prayer'. Does anyone know how tall this plant gets?
Thanks,
Mike

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Mike, you're going to *love* SP! I sure do. In fact, it's my very favorite Sib. This plant simply couldn't be better. It's an extraordinarily vigorous grower and a reliable and generous bloomer. It's also my earliest blooming Sib. But perhaps its most impressive feature in my beardless bed is its height. It's registered at 30-36" but typically reaches about 4' here.

This spring, however, was not at all typical. We had an extremely dry spring-summer with extended cool temps which resulted in SP blooming with 1/2 size flowers on registered height stalks. Certainly not its best show, but still better than anything else in my beardless bed. Even under miserable climatic conditions, SP can't be beat.

Give it plenty of room and don't plant any shorties behind it. You'll be well pleased.

Laurie

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Laurie,
Thanks for the quick reply and information. I will make sure the plant has plenty of room.
Thanks again,
Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.