To Baa

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Hi Baa,
Can't find our buried messages, but I followed your instructions for goniocarpa grossa in a pot. And here it is very happy with my namesake, Boojum.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's a closeup of the new growth.

Thumbnail by boojum

That's wonderful news Boojum, it's growing great guns! I tried to find a photo of mine but it's hiding somewhere I haven't looked yet.

Lovely Spaniel :) My Mother's partner rescued a Spaniel from the roadside earlier this year, they are such loving little chaps.

Bravo mama! Is it appropriately an English Spaniel? What color?
Boojum is a very funny dog. He makes us laugh a lot with his antics. And he's very stubborn. But I can relate!

I decided to take gonio inside for the winter and when it's a good size, I will split it in two and try inside and out and see how that goes. I just hope I can find enough light for it over the winter. Thanks so much for all your help. It seems to be just what this plant wanted.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Your dog is nice to Iris--mine runs thru after rabbits & breaks them off. Boo Hoo.

Oh dear. What do you do when he does this? (Getting ready. Our rabbit population was low this year due to coyotes. But next year Boojum may have the same idea).

Kerry is a Spaniel hybrid! The vet thinks King Charles Spaniel with some Springer, poor thing was covered in fox mange and full of worms when they found her, she's mainly white with chocolate brown ears and a few spots on her coat. My Mother's dog, Bo, can't abide her, fortunately they don't live in the same house but Kerry visits almost every day, so Bo ignores her presence.

I think you're wise to bring the Iris in under cover for winter and divide it for winter trials when you have extra, by the looks of it, you'll have plenty to divide next year!

Wandasflowers, we're lucky, Bo rarely ever ventures into the borders or containers, if his toy goes in to these forbidden areas, he waits until he's told he can go in to fetch them, if he thinks we're ignoring him or not watching, he daintily steps over the plants to reach it. He's not been taught this, these are self imposed rules. He will bury things in bare patches though, fortunately these are rare in the borders so we only dig up the occasional surprise bone.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I'll be happy to lend Walker the Wonderdog (wonder what he'll destroy next!) to anyone who wants him. Noithing like a pain like Walker to make other dogs look like angels in comparison! Don't let his innocent face fool you----

All I'm saying is, he'd better behave better out hunting than he does at home....

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Baa,
Maybe you shouldn't mention Bo's heavenly behavior to those of us with devil dogs. I don't think Boojum would ever "wait until he was told" if he was following a trail. He is as obsessed as I am about flower auctions. Walker and Boojum both have those innocent faces, too. . .

Oops just reread your info about Kerry, so I'll change it to "Bravo, mama's partner." Kerry is a very lucky dog to have been rescued!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.