red bud problem

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

Hi guys....I planted a red bud this spring and it has done wonderfully.....Until now. The leaves have spots on them and they are dry and crisp feeling. What's going on and how do I treat it? If I need to send in a pic, I can do that. Thanks, Angie

Flower Mound, TX(Zone 7b)

My forest pansy redbud is doing the same thing.
I'll see if I can get a photo and maybe then someone will be able to help identify the problem.
Stay tuned!

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

Thank you Shearpamela!!!! I love my little tree!

Photo number one:

Thumbnail by shearpamela

Photo number two:

Thumbnail by shearpamela
Modi'in, Israel

AKelley and Shearpamela, I have no idea if this is just a nromal part of their seasonal cycle, but redbuds (Cercis canadensis) are very very common around here and the ALL do this around the end of the summer. Both of you are in pretty warm areas and so am I, so perhaps the heat of August disturbs them somewhat. But my two trees just keep right on growing and both of them continue to put on new lovely deep burgundy leaves. Soooo I don't worry about it. Another few months and the leaves will fall anyway and in the spring the buds will appear and then the gorgeous new leaf growth all over again.

-Julie

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Our virtual ton of them here, in NW Arkansas .. are beginning to change also ...

Julie .. I find it so interesting that so many things are so similar .. even continents apart !!

Modi'in, Israel

me too Magpye, me too! :-) (Cercis canadensis are the Oklahoma state tree BTW, so it's like having a little piece of home right in my back yard :-)

-Julie

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

Yeah!! I'm not gonna worry about it anymore then. Thanks a bunch guys.

Shearpamela......thanks for sending in the pics. My leaves are exactly like that. I'm gonna have to make a note of this or I will be asking the exact same question next year. haha

It's good to know they will be fine, I was worried I was going to lose mine too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.