Flowering Maple 'Marginata' (Abutilon pictum)

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Flowering Maple 'Marginata'
Abutilon pictum

Variegated Foliage of Flowering Maple Abutilon Pictum Marginata

Thumbnail by daisyavenue
Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh, that is just gorgeous! Lovely pic.... and I'm sure it's hardy in your zone.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks! Yep, its hardy here. Now if I could only get the durn thing to bloom! LOL Then we could have some smiley flower photos!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

OHHH, gorgeous variegation!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Thank you- It came from the Huntington Botanical Gardens and that is about all that I know at the present. It was a teeny rooted cutting and I am so excited to see what it becomes!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Did you see what the bloom looks like?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

No- it was a tiny seedling when I bought it in mid- May. I bought it based on the tag. I love abutilons.

Do you have abutilons, Weeds? I have four and three are from that sale and not blooming yet.... : (

The blooms are described on the PDB exactly as it was on the tag. But I do love the foliage so far.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I have a few but one in particular that is very tall and blooms year round....I just love it.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

They get quite large here and I had never had them until we bought a house this year and I started planting stuff that I had seen here and loved. They get really leggy here (from what I have seen in other folks gardens LOL) and the blooms are like fried eggs. Love that.

I just started this week with a 20-20-20 fertilizer to try and get them to bloom. The 3 that were teeny are in large patio pots. The big one (I bought her big) is in the ground and blooms a lot.

Are yours in the ground?
I want some inside too.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Mine are in the ground. The one I love is like a tree...about 12 ft tall. I have a pic somewhere on a cd...will find it tomorrow. Those low growing, small ones do nothing for me...too leggy.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh please a picture!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Finally found a pic and this thread again! duh

Thumbnail by weeds
Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Here is the whole plant....uh tree

Thumbnail by weeds
Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh my goodness! That is just gorgeous!

Do you know its name? Have you ever tried rooting cuttings?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

It is some hybrid but no, don't know the name...mine is so tall I have to tie it up in these winds...is top heavy and blooms all year.
Cuttings root just too easy, whack off a branch and stick it in the ground. Want one?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Yes, please! Do you have any wants or needs: ) ?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Beez careful asking that! LOL Not at this time...maybe in the spring...I am doing good too keep what I have going now. You e me your address and I will see if I have one ready.....if not will root you one.
Connie

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Okay- you have mail.; )
Thanks!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.