My favorite containers

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Earthboxes are what I use for container gardening and I just love them. Those folks really should put me on the payroll. I've sold _lots_ of those boxes because I tell everyone about them that grows in containers. Everyone I know that has tried them, _loves_ them!

http://www.earthbox.com/Why_it_s_Better/why_it_s_better.html

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I like container's also..But I like free or cheap one's.. I use a lot of bushel basket's and 5 gallon buckets we have lying around here on the farm.. The bushel baskets are great for tomatoes, eggplant & peppers.
Larkie

Hi Larkie! It's good to see a fellow Georgian!

(Zone 6a)

I think the earthboxes are probably great too. But they are very expensive! So I am using $5.00 pots from WalMart and filling them with Shultz potting soil at $7.44 for 2 cu. ft. bag. So far, I have the best looking tomato plants on the block:) Have planted 91 tomato plants this spring, including 36 different "heirloom" varieties. All are doing very well so far in the containers. Keeping my fingers crossed:)

Now wait a minute! I thought I had talked you into those earthboxes, Owen. ;) LOL I'm glad to hear that your tomatoes are doing so well. :)

Terri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.