cup and Saucer finally blooming

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

cup and Saucer finally blooming

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

congratulations dispatcher, that seems to be quite the accomplishment!!! I see lots of posts about people having trouble with this one.

Yours is lovely!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow, that is so pretty, I don't know what I did wrong but for some reason I couldn't get my seeds to germinate. How did you do yours. Or did you buy the plant already up?
:o)
Dee

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I started some seeds in March. I put them on damp towel paper and then into a zip lock bag. In a couple of days, they germinated. Most germinated, but I lost a lot of them because I started them too early. I ended up with six healthy growing seedlings. Lou It is my first time with this vine, and it really is interesting. The blooms come out as white, are light lavender the next day, and then in about two days, they turn dark purple. LOu

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gorgeous!! What kind of light is it in and are you using a pot or the ground? I'd love to be able to grow one of these.

Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

Very beautiful vine:-) I've tried these before and they never get past the seedling stage for some reason. They just sit there not growing and eventually croak:-/

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

This is in a big pot on the patio which gets about 4 hours of sun each day. Lou

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Lou. I think I'll try again next year. Mine had too much sun for sure.

Shirley

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow dispatcher1..that is gorgeous!! Is that more than one vine...and what is it growing on?
Mine is growing on a picket fence...along with my sweet autumn clematis. Yours looks so full though!
Great picture!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

It is a single plant believe it or not. I planted three around a Welcome sign in a pot. Two died from too much water when we had the spring deluges and I didn't think this one would live. It Took off growing one day and hasn't stopped yet. Lou

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.