Need input about Hard Disk drive 'conversion' kits ...

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

I am needing to install at least, one .. of a couple of other (internal) Hard Disk Drives that I already have - as a 2nd &/or 3rd Disk Drive. I'm just not quite up to putting either of them, in the tower (ie: no 'obvious' slot) .. However, I've not completely ruled out the feasibility either ...

The motive for starting this thread .. is to seriously inquire of you folks, about any knowledge and experience .. that any of you guys may have .. in association to your use of the Conversion Kits .. that enables 'enclosing and converting' an Internal Hard Drive .. into .. an External USB powered hard drive.

Purchasing a 'Conversion Kit' seems to be the viable option for me .. but, I desire to postpone any decision about making the purchase .... until I've (hopefully) gathered ample and valuable info and opinions from the lot .. of our very own DG 'pooter-gurus' !!

These conversion kits seem to be very affordable (at a very miniscule price between $40 - $60) .. to enable conjoining of 'virtually any size' internal hard drive that a person already has in hand. It's not a situation of my needing the additional disk storage area. It is merely, my wanting/needing to be able to access the files and information that are on each.

Any and all related input from you .. would be most kind and ever so greatly appreciated!! - mags

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!