BBC Neighbourhood Gardener Certificate

I only came across this today and thought some of you might be interested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/neighbourhood_gardener/

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

We need some really good gardening programmes from the BBC on our BBC America channel, will they have these as a weekly programmes ? One of my friends in Holland gets some real good gardening progammes from the UK, as we sometimes do but this is on our PBS channel [Public Broadcasting] viewer supported.
It would be nice to see them..... marion

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

This site looks great. I bookmarked it to study it later. Thanks for posting, Doris

Umm this is a voluntary organisation akin to the US Master Gardener programme rather than a TV programme.

As far as gardening TV is concerned, I no longer watch it, if I want to be patronised I'll go and ask a question at the local building suppliers ;)

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

LOL Baa
Bring back Roy Lancaster ;)
IMHO

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Nice site for gardeners.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

philomel where is Roy Lancaster, we certainly do not see him over here, the nearest we got to some good gardening programs was Peter ??? [used to do coverage on the Chelsea Flower Show and different countries]....I do not want a neighborhood gardening program ...we have Charlie whats her name and that is enough [ugh] please give us a break BBC America [ I really have asked them to give us some good gardening shows] we can always live in hope! [ thankfully we have PBS] m

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

hhmmmm !!! a name just came to me Peter Seabring ?? [close enough ?] this is just like a song when you cannot remember the title..smile...do you know who I mean ?
m

He doesn't seem to do TV any more Marion. He still writes for the RHS magazines (and of course is very active within the RHS) and is on BBC radio
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/panel/panel_lancaster.shtml

Lives in your neck of the woods I believe Baa? Perhaps your silence is eloquent?

He used to present a programme that attracted the reverse reaction to Baa's post above. It was called Channel 4 Garden Club, and people used to mistake it for an actual club rather than a TV programme *g*

Anyway, my mother and I were lucky enough to go on a cruise in the West Indies organised by the programme and hosted by Roy Lancaster and his team. A pleasanter more down to earth person you couldn't wish to meet. Could never ever be accused of being patronising in my experience. One of those people with a wealth of knowledge, but who are totally natural and unnassuming. So enthusiastic too - that's what I mainly remember. Absorbed in his subject and just loved it :)

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

what a lovely way to spend time on a cruise philomel, and isn't it really nice to find natural, down to earth people, who actually love what they are doing and talk to you without the snootiness that success brings to most of them [ speaking from experience but cannot mention names]
It leaves you with such lovely memories instead of wincing every time you hear their names..... marion

err..... Seabrook?
Some kind of water anyway.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

I think you are right [smile] drove me nutty yesterday trying to think of it...Why does these things become so fixated in our minds...oh well !!!!!!!! m

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.