55% of posts are mine !! very sad indeed!!

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

on the current page of Dave's UK forum a huge 55% of threads have been started by me which is very sad. sad can be used here with both meanings here as I dont mind. There are only 7 new replies to read.

so where is everyone right now? we have the longest day (long gardening days) in one week and yet there is nothing to talk about apparently.

does no-one have lovely flowers to talk about?
maybe everyone has changed their garden to a lovely shade of grey cememt.
has no-one been out to visit private gardens in the open garden scheme?
National Trust gardens?
stately home gardens
created a new bed?
water feature?
seen a just released in 2001 plant for sale?
did anyone go to Chelsea?
are you going to Gardener's World at the NEC
are you going to Hampton Court

I could go on but I would be wasting my time beating my finger tips on the key board.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Unfortunately Mark, I think you'll find most of the "UK lot" have left, due to some unfortunate "incidents", "missunderstandings" (call it what you will), which occured a few weeks ago.

Macclesfield, CHESHIRE(Zone 8a)

Hey Mark,

Daisy Chain is right; I'm hearing of some dissatisfaction this side of the Pond. It seems to affect Ireland, UK and some of Europe - but I dunno why. I've posted my views elsewhere on this site. Respond as you see fit.

As to UK - chill out. Just because I am from UK does not mean I have to limit myself to the UK forum. I am an international trader (and I dont even subscribe to the International Forum) but still make the contacts I want for my trading. Basically, find the forum that gets you results - if it doesnt, use another one. Hope that isnt too agressive or parochial for you.

Regards

El Tel

This message was edited Wednesday, Jun 13th 3:04 PM

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well where ever they all went I hope they will come back! We miss them! A big part of my love for this site is getting to know people from far away places that my budget will not allow me to visit in person!

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Mark, Your "Where are You" post got great results. Can't you think of another question to toss out on that order? Something that every one could relate to?

Straide, Mayo, Ireland(Zone 9a)

Hi Mark

I'm still out here but I have been away for 3 weeks and am catching up on the garden now. I need those long evenings outside .. not much time for the computer :-)
See you soon
Jane

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hi Mark! My computer has been temperamental again so there's been times when my computer hasn't been working properly and I've been unable to post.
Were you interested in heliopsis helianthoides? I thought I'd posted a thread on this but it seems to have disappeared. Perhaps I pressed the wrong button on my computer. Got a large clump of the stuff. Would like to make some more of it. Think that's what it is. Seems to grow in quite a few of my neighbours' gardens as well.
Gardening has gone down my list of urgencies during the past few weeks as I've had exams. Still have one more to do.
Anyway I'm catching up on gardening again. Slightly late, but that's life. Got my hanging baskets and tubs done now. Marguerites in the tubs.
Am going to tidy the bed in front of my front door. Remove forget-me-nots, tidy up wallflowers. Been out yesterday and got more plants for it. Lavenders, Gypsophila Bristol Fairy and Liatris plus a few others. Got a few asters to throw in to fill it out a bit. That should keep me busy today!

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

hi there

I answered your post which is in the propagation forum. and I would never say no to a bit of Heliopsis.

Mark

The computer crashes the grass grows so dont get to post.
I got part of the garden mowed,too many weeda to hoe,part of the okra died ,that seems commen this year here. Ssspace tomatoes are growing well. Hope everyones gardenis growing.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Think I finally got all the new perennials in! Now if I can only stay away from the garden centers, I'll have time to cut the grass and since summer is finally here and the rain has stopped, they are marking all the plants down, and I can't resist just one more, thinking I can find space! Easier thought than done!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.