Favorite Sunflowers?

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

I am just now discovering all the different kinds of sunflowers and realizing how lovely they are! For some strange reason I always hated them as a child! LOL Does anyone have any favorites and/or pictures you'd like to share? I'd like to plant a few different varieties in the spring and would love some ideas.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

if need seeds let me know i have few different ones..

Thanks Hope, but for now I'm just wanting to see what there is to choose from. I've read a few seed packets and they don't give much information, and the pictures they provide don't usually show much detail. I grew a shorter variety of sunflower with large heads this year and wasn't aware that they had a branching habit. I thought they would be similar to the giant greystripe sunflowers and each have a single flower, but instead they looked like little mutant martians with 8 heads. I don't mind multiple flowers on a plant, it just looked funny on these.

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

clairelise, you need to log on to www.wildseedfarms.com and order a free seed catalog. they have a wonderful collection of sunflowers and give good pictures too. I've ordered from them many times and always been satisfied. Jenny

Thanks Jenny! I will do that!

Funny, I was thinking that I posted another question here--I wanted to know if there were any websites selling a good selection of sunflowers--I realize now I didn't post--you must've read my mind! LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I justgot the italian white sunflower off ebay, was beautiful in the picture, I like lemon queen and there's a red one, Ican't remember the name, their all beautiful.

I like santa fe also

kathy

You can find these on ebay pretty cheap too, roulon rouge or something like that is the red one

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

the Italian white is a lovely flower, smaller blooms but many of them. and I liked the reddish one my DD grew last year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.