A total brug novice/newbie

Olympia, WA

I bought the first one today - and it comes w/ NO information - no name, no color indication, just a price tag and a lot of buds.

Sooooooo - almost being overwhelmed with the information here - could someone direct me to an introductory brug site for a person whose prior knowledge stops at the fact that it is a poisonous plant?

In zone 7/8, I may be in trouble - yes?

thanks for help

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I am just sooooo jealous!!! I have six going, and not one bud. Of course three of them are just rooted, and the other three not too long before that, but I do have a nice set of leaves:)
Congrats on your baby!!!! I don't have the site you want, but you will get great info here, and I'll bet someone can identify it when it blooms. Be sure and post that first bloom for me to drool over:)

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi, contrats on finding a Brug with buds!! I found the below site last year after receiving my first Brug. Lots of info there.
Jean

http://home.att.net/~perennials/greetings.html

Olympia, WA

Jean - thanks SO much!!!! That is just what I needed, and I have read through all the pages.....of course, it is book marked and will be referenced again frequently!!

This is fun!! Plant has 10 buds already, has formed that infamous Y way down at the bottom and has other branches starting there, as well. .... all of this in a one gallon pot.

I expect that this is the experimental model - who knows where I go from here? Nursery had one for sale that was at least 10 ft tall, and LOADED with huge apricot blossoms already opening. I thought that to be a bit more than I wanted to "start" with!! LOL

Now, though, I feel as if I want to go back and "look over" the other ones that are there!!!

TiG - you bet - pix will be forthcoming!!!

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

OH OH OH !!!!! My salmon brug has the Y!!!! I just noticed it this morning. Doing the Happy dance here in GA!!

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

what's the story with the y?

Olympia, WA

Why OH Y? I think something in the wonderful Brug site made reference to the Y being the precursor to flowering ....but, of course, that is just book stuff....cuz if you brugsters have blossoms sans Y, then who knows Y it was said! Going to get pix and put in my journal and will leave a hot link here - as per Karma's request (love those rings, BTW!)

grins

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

oh that!! silly me! y oh y did i asked such a silly q

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.