Memories of Sunday mornings in Lister Park

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I did my first degree (in Applied Biology) in Bradford. For the first two years that I lived there I stayed in a suburb called Manningham. There was a park only five minutes away. I used to have the habit of walking there on Sunday mornings.

The park has now undergone regeneration apparently, but from pictures on this website, it still looks recognizable. I used to wander round the art gallery regularly too.

A vey pleasant website. I can see where I used to go for my walks. Lots of warm fuzzy feelings!!!!

http://www.cabe.org.uk/library/casestudy.asp?id=219&show=images&PARAMS

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Such a beautiful park, Northener, thank you for showing it, I do appreciate your postings! I took advantage of that link and continued seeing more of interesting sights.
Take care, Maria

Thank you Maria. Thirty years since I've been there. There used to be a garden for the blind inside the park - lots of roses. There's no photo of it - I wonder if it's still there?

It was a pleasant park to walk in on a Sunday morning. I'm gald you enjoyed this walk with me!

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I enjoyed those pictures also and bookmarked the site. What a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for posting this. Doris

Thank you Doris! Apparently the park has been through a few bad years when it had got overgrown, but now they've done a regeneration job on it, complete with a new pavillion beside the boating lake and a new water garden. I'll have to go back for a return visit sometime!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.