Heirloom plant

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

My mother was given a small terrarium back in the 60's that contained a small piece of cristmas cactus. Over the years she managed to keep planting cuttings and repotting it. This past week she decided it is too big for her space now and gave it to me to tend and she kept a cutting to put on a window ledge. It took some looking to find a spot for this monster but I lucked out and found this old macrame piece at a thrift shop for a couple bucks and the small decorator round glass at kmart. Now this plant is enjoying the morning sun on my patio and seems to be happy. I think I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on the thrift shops for more hangers though. I just love that old look!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

this is another shot of it.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

That plant looks so healthy and happy. And I love that macrame hanger too!!

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow! That thing is HUGE!!! My grandmother has one in her kitchen window, but it is pretty small. I don't know how long she has had it, but it is pretty cute.

I finally tried out a couple of cactus this summer, and I haven't killed one yet, but there is still time!!! :)

Lori

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Lori, it is huge and now I have the responsibility of keeping it alive. Fortunately they are pretty easy to care for so long as you don't over water them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.