Bigleaf Hydrangea, French Hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla)

Schwenksville, PA(Zone 6a)

Wow, amazing photo and specimen. Is this in your garden? How many shrubs do you think are in this photo?

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

Beautiful Plant.... Such a vivid colour

Anna

Co. Cork, Ireland(Zone 9a)

Yes, it is growing in our garden and there are several plants in that one.
Now, in autumn it is turning a rusty red colour, we cut some of the heads to dry and keep in a vase for winter decoration
Here's another picture to give an idea of the size of it.

Thumbnail by KMAC

Incredible...your gardens must be beautiful. Any other pictures for us to drool over?

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

Truly magnificent

Anna

Hi, you can see some pictures I took a while ago showing a little bit of our garden. I normally take lots of pictures of individual plants rather than views. Any way this is a subject close to my heart!
The first picture is looking along one of the beds towards another.

Thumbnail by KMAC

Here's a detail from the main bed.

Thumbnail by KMAC

This one shows Bob our Border Collie in front of a Euryops.

Thumbnail by KMAC

There are a couple of Gunneras, this was taken in Spring, it got much bigger!

Thumbnail by KMAC

Here's one taken a bit nearer the house.

Thumbnail by KMAC

Another view, taken in the evening.

Thumbnail by KMAC

Loved all your photos of the gardens. Wish I had gardens like that!! How much property do you have? Looks like you have acres! That Gunneras specimen is unbelievable...I see you are further south than I am and have more of a selection of sub-tropical plants.

Is that a cistern or some type of fountain in the last picture? If it's a cistern, tell me about it. I've always wanted one but never got around to getting one. Is there any maintenance needed?

Hi Secludedgardens, glad you liked the pictures. We have nearly three acres, its a few miles from the sea , the Gulf Stream helps to keep the climate milder so we can grow some tender plants.

Yes that is a fountain, it's a large pot with a reservoir below it in the ground hidden by a mesh of wire covered with pebbles from the beach , there is a pump with a pipe opening at the top of the pot.

Here's another picture showing Calistemon growing near the entrance, there are a good few around the place.

Thumbnail by KMAC

KMAC - thanks for the picture and the information about the fountain. It must be great to be able to grow such a wide variety of plants. Your property has the feel of an arboretum.

Please remember to keep taking pictures of the whole view since I will never be able to see your beautiful gardens in person!!!

I'll watch for more pictures.

Blenheim, New Zealand

Hydrangeas, and everything else looks to be growing beautifully, and I think I spy some Kiwi about.
Great pic.

Roseville, CA

I live in zone 8 Ca. What do Hydrangeas like as far as sun moisture etc. I have a small one I bought that's called but it looks just like yours. Blue to hints of purple & pink.

Roseville, CA

......My Hydrangeas called "True Blue"

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I just love this photo everytime I see it. Your garden is just so beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.