Uninvited

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Two years ago this yellow flower came ununvited in to my garden, I left its single
yellow blossom alone because it looked very pretty. Now look what mass of flowers it turned out be and I have no idea how it got there nor do I know its name.

The other flower in the second picture with the yellow flowers is also one I am not certain of its name, it was purchased at a GC sale and never came home with the Tag
Maria

Thumbnail by Maria
Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Here is the other one, they look nice together, don't you think.?
I hope some one will know their names.

Thumbnail by Maria
Morristown, NJ(Zone 6a)

The yellow flower I believe is "False Sunflower". (blooms late summer thru fall)
I just recieved some plants in a trade, cant wait till they start blooming.
It does looks pretty!

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for your posting, Moda, You won't be sorry you will have them, they are right now the most cheerful flowers in my garden. I still wish I knew the name of the other flower combined with the false sunflowers.
Maria

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

aria: Your other flower looks like Purple Loosestrife.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Do the leaves of Purple loosestrife turn red in the fall, Debby? These do that's why I was not sure whether it was loostrife or not. I have had loostrife before but without the foliage turning red. Maria

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

There are so many different varieties of P. Loosestrife. I haven't really noticed if any of my varieties turned red in fall. Will keep a lookout for it this fall.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Aria, mine turn a nice orangy red in late summer early fall.....re-seeds VERY easily.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I have had mine for three years, Rikerbear, it does not resead it self. Each year the plant became only slightly larger. I like it a lot because it blooms for a very long time. Maria

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hmmm....mine must be something different than. Whatever I have reseeds readily.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

rikerbear: You may have just the right growing conditions for it to reseed. I have some I started from seed about 4 yrs. ago and it hasn't reseeded for me.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Marc can you capture me some seed looks like an ok thing to turn loose in my outback on the edge of my tree nusery with the sun flowers thanks Ernie

Thumbnail by eweed
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Not this year Ernie....I pulled the last of them last weekend while cleaning up the beds a bit. The hot weather this year really played haveck on them.
Sorry :-(

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Mark so ok I will find something I bet I can find seed in one of the several catalogs I have already seems early this year have about four so far later Ernie

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Glad you understand Ernie........ When I pulled all of mine I didn't bother to save seed, just scattered what I had around the bed. If I remember, I'll dig a few babies for ya next spring :-)

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Now, Ernie, what are you doing, swiping my thread ? LOL
And what kind of sunflower is that growing among your onions? At least I think it's onions?
Maria

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.