Glory Lily Vine

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

This is a special sort of vine. It shoots straight up to as much as 6ft on a truly sturdy stalk that I've attached to the tubing with tape.

The tips of the leaves have tight little curly hooks that would attach to string or net [or as it happens a neighboring caryopteris branch].

The buds hang down, get fat, open and flare upwards into a cup shape of petals of bright red/pink. A little like a turks cap.
here's the Bud

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

This is 48 hours later

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Today there are two

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8a)

Great pictures....

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love mine
I keep it in a large pot with other tropicals....
it comes in during the winter and out during the summer
It grows when it wants
It has buds right now,but its less than 2 feet tall

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

cc - mine was planted in the ground a bit late in the season and is blooming at 3 feet. But DD 'spin's grew to six feet and gets to stay in the ground in California - I'll have to dig mine up. And I'm getting more next spring.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Aaaaw, yours is so pretty. Mine is finished blooming and has gone dormant already. I won't see it again till late winter/early spring.

Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

Mine bloomed in early to mid June and by early July it was dormant... does that sound about right to you Calalily? This was the first time I had grown them.

Thumbnail by Indigoez
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I'm trying to remember if mine bloomed in May or June, lol. I'll have to search back thru my pictures. I know they were definitely dormant by July!
Whereabouts is Floresville? I'm down by SPI.

Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

Floresville is about 30 miles south of San Antonio... very hot and humid, practically no winter to speak of last year/this year. I had gingers exposed to the north that were green all winter.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

mine is blooming and when she started i said wow its green not orange or red-but today its showing some color-i really luv it!!!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

notmartha, Lo aren't they fun tho?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.