Thought I would try here too...

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

does anybody know the name of the dark flowering plant?

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

A little closer picture...

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

and just the flower.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I've got it posted in a few places but no bites yet...

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

The leaf looks like heliotrope, though I've not grown this plant myself, so I'm not sure about the flower.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It sure is a mystery to me Carol. I tried a search here, without luck, hopefully someone can narrow it a bit more.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Have you tried researching plants for our northern climes? That might narrow it down. Is it a perennial? Has it wintered over?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I just got it this summer. I've posted it in a few places and if no one gives any suggestions I'll check out some plant books tomorrow. I don't think it is a perennial here.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Lilypon, are those new blooms or are the flowers spent?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'd say there are a few flaws with the flower but that is mainly what it looks like just after opening. We've had a discussion about it on the Canadian Forum...I see there is another suggestion I'll have to look at tomorrow.
http://davesgarden.com/t/449094/#new

This message was edited Aug 8, 2004 1:40 AM

Naperville, IL(Zone 5a)

Try taking a piece to your local garden center where they have a staff member that went to horticulture school; or perhaps you have the equivalent of a plant clinic at a local arboretum or, like we have in Illinois, the cooperative extension folks, connected with the state agriculture department -- they are all good sources for identifying plants and plant problems.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I was going to say Trachelium until I saw the burgundy foliage. Sorry Pam

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.