I'm wicked!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I've had to put off taking these students from Singapore - I just have too much to do on my project. Plus there's nowhere to leave my bag for the afternoon and the weather isn't really very great again (it's raining at the moment).
Anyway, I picked up a pamphlet about the Captain Cook country at the weekend and gave it to them on Monday. This morning I popped over with a Middlesbrough bus timetable for them (which they hadn't been able to get) and the Moorsbus timetable. They seem quite happy going on their own - it was the timetables that were causing a problem for them. The Moorsbus timetable has lots of ideas for places to go to.

Saturday has a fine weather forecast. I've suggested they go to either Hemlsley or Pickering. Both are small market towns with ruined castles. I've told them that there are lots of tearooms, and cafes where they can have a lunch, and places to get icecream. And good souvenir shops - i told them not to go too mad on the souvenirs. And that they'll see the sheep and cows on the farmland that they pass.

Their eyes were as round as saucers!!!!

I do hope that they do one or other of these journeys - they're both beautiful and competely different from where they come from.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I think that was rather clever of you! To be truly wicked, would be to load them on a bus headed for Scotland!!!!

(I'm sorry!, couldn't resist!)

I feel slightly guilty about it, Doris. But I just don't have the spare time available.

I'd like to be on a bus heading up for Scotland myself. The heather should be in bloom soon.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

My son and his wife often have Japenese students staying with them for a couple of weeks during the early summer.. One particular episode which we chuckled about was when my son took the young students to a ''eat all you can eat'' type of restaurant..the girs never having seen this before took it upon themselves to savour as much of the menu as they could. My son was exploding with laughter as he described this tiny little girl with a waist no bigger than 12 inches, scoffing off numerous bowls of soup etc.,...she became so bloated that she had to undo the button on her skirt [ a rare event no doubt] and the two girls giggled about this for days. I guess there is a first time for everything.. They cried so much the day they left, a good time had by all [especially our grandaughter.] marion

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Northerner, their eyes were round as saucers because they couldn't believe you'd allow them on their own... may be they were delighted to wander at will with good directions, buses to get them there, and choices of places and foods to eat. My goodness sakes alive I wish I were with them. They will have such fun.- it's not as if they'll come to harm.

The days you can just wander are the best of all. ~ Blooms

Thank you Blooms. I'm just sorry I haven't had the time to take them anywhere. I know loads of lovely places! I'd have taken them to Whitby. All the fish and chips they could stuff their faces with, and lots of gift shops - and amusement arcades too. I can pretty well guess what will appeal to the young folk!! When I went to Whitby at the weekend all the heather was blooming on the hills. Beautiful!

I so wish I could take my forum friends with me!!!!!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Pictures, Please

No pictures of heather, sorry. I could see it from the bus but couldn't stop to take photos. Got some of Whitby Harbour and Morris dancers. Computer is broken though, so it'll be a few days before I get round to posting them. Next week at the earliest, maybe even longer. Sorry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.