Hyacinth Bean Vines

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I have many of the growing up and around my split rail fence. They have just now started to flower.
Is this normal for them to bloom so late in the season....or are mine just being weird?

RikerBear

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Ours just started blooming here a couple of weeks ago in zone 8b/9a

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Mine just started blooming a couple of weeks ago.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Okay...thanks for the replies. My vision when I started these seeds back in March, was to have the fence covered and in gorgeous bloom all Summer. Just to hot and not enough rain.
So many odd things in the garden this year.
Somethings growing like gang busters, and other things just sitting there doing nothing.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Mine have been blooming all summer. They are still blooming, but I have been harvesting seeds for over a month now & I would say they will be completely done by the end of this month. When did you plant yours? I planted mine the beginning of March.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mine hit the great outdoors the last week of April....after having been started indoors back in Feb.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm new to this so please be patient? But I would really like grow a purple hyacinth bean vine. How do I go about obtaining seeds?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Siggy, so sorry I didn't see your post regarding seeds.....contact me directly and I'll see about getting you some. :-)

Marc
RikerBear

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine bloom all summer. The ones blooming now are ones that have already reseeded this year, so they are young vines and frost will get them..

Larkie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.