Another Lily Coop?

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Inanda, this is just a thought--but I remember reading on DG that if it's too late to plant the lily bulbs in the ground you could over-winter them in your garage or patio. I can't remember the details or where the thread was. Does someone else remember???

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Maxine asked me if I would post this picture of black jack so everyone could see it. She knew there had been some discussion of it earlier

Thumbnail by aknapp
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Aknapp,
Where did you get your Black Jack lily? I would like to order some.
Thanks,Patti

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Black Jack is actually maxines, I just posted the picture for her, but I think they camr from the coop earlier this year.
I am pretty sure I saw them in the Lily Nook Online catalogue
Maxine where are you?????

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And available here:
http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/asiatic_orange-red_1.html

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I am so sorry, lily nook, lily garden obviously my brain is not functioning too well!!!
Sorry Brenda

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Whose does?? LOL Had to stop and double think myself!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I purchased the lily bulbs called "Black Jack" last fall. They did fantastic for their first yr. blooms.
Very satisfied with the color. Red normally isn't my color as I prefer pinks, shades of pink and yellow and white and white/yellow like "Gold Band" oriental.

Hope this clears up the mystery!!

Maxine

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

Nah, Maxine. The BIG mystery is will they be offered in co-op?? LOL. I'm glad for your report, tho. I bought some asiatics from a mail order company about 4 years ago. Their first 3 years of blooming, they were all the exact same color. Onlu this past year did they bloom as what they were presented in the catalog.

I don't know if it was something I did or what, but I was upset to say the least. Happy now, tho. As long as they continue to be different!

I did notice on the Lily Garden website that BlackJack was listed as "Order now for Spring planting". I don't know if that means the ad was from the spring or what. Anyone know, by chance?

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Maxine, Aknapp, and Moby for the info on the Black Jack Lilies. Rose318/ Patti

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I noticed that too, and wondered about it. I would assume it is not supposed to be planted until spring! All though that makes no sense either. Guess we had better find out about that, if it is offered in the coop.

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

count me in!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Alice - was looking at lilies on other threads and I think it's the Marco Polo Oriental that you were drolling over. Enjoy!!

Thumbnail by kooger
Little Falls, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's another shot of Black Jack....an absolutely beautiful, almost velvet black lily....my favorite!

Thumbnail by tyke
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kooger and Alice I can see why you both were drooling over Marco Polo . It"s beautiful.
Patti

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, tyke. That BlackJack is gorgeous! I've just gotta have a few!!!!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi all! Back from my weekend trip. Very nice to get out of town a few days and got to meet my 2-month old nephew and my 1-1/2 yr old neice for the first time! Good trip indeed.

Black Jack will be offered in the coop and can be planted spring or fall as all lily bulbs can. The coop starts tomorrow so watch the Coop forum for it to open. I'll have to post a 2nd post with all the details (pricing etc), so hopefully I get to the new thread before everyone else starts asking questions! LOL!

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

very cool Brenda, I promise I will not post anything until you have had a chance to get everything done!!!!haha

But work fast!!!hah

Glad you had a good trip and a very nice week-end!!!! I know you deserved it!!!!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Brenda. Can't wait!
Terrie

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

brenda, nice to hear that you had a fine weekend with your families together. sharing time with those we care about is the best.

to the above about the statement "order for spring planting" usually means that you can order it now, but it won't be available to be shipped to you until the spring.
in the lily garden catalogue, the lilies that they have hybridized and grow definitely have a " (CP) " next to the name. this means it is a columbia-platte, or there trademark. all other lilies may or may not be grown by them directly at there farm, but they do sell them in there catalogue, like a lot of other catalogues do too. thus i would assume that they have placed there order and it has been confirmed for the spring of 2005.
hope this helps.
happy lily gardening.
debi z and my little bulbel franklin woof woof

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

Oooooh, Brenda! Thank you for the BlackJacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Actually, Debi, Catherine at The LIily Garden indicated that they were in the process of updating their website with their Fall 2004 info (paper catalog is already out). So I think the Spring Planting is old and relates to Spring 2004.

(I just checked at their site has been updated since last Thursday when I last heard from them).

Brenda

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, my gosh, Brenda. I don't know how you are going to choose what to offer in the co-op. EVERYTHING is just gorgeous. Hopefully you will pick things from different bloom times so we can spread out the peak blooms. Thanks, again, for taking on this huge project.
Terrie

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Y'all just had to post that picture of blackjack didn't ya? Now I think I've gotta have it too. I'll be waiting for the post and hoping that they don't all sell out before I get there.

Thank you for doing this for us again.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/454250/

The coop is now open.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Too cool!

I'm off to see the lilies... the wonderful lilies of oz.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm outta control, I can't PICK!! They have the best selection!

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ok - you talked me into a subscription. I couldn't resist a Lily Coop w/the Lily Garden. It was worth the $15. Now if I could only figure out how to use this site? Anyone want to be a volunteer to initiate me and give me the details on how a coop works?
Here's my original message to langbr:

Hi,
>I'd be interested in participating in a lily coop for the Lily Garden. I
>was going to place an order with them, so I already know what I want! I am
>in zone 5/6, and 3rd week of October is definately not too late for me. I
>can plant lilies all the way into late November, the ground usually
>doesn't freeze in NJ until December or later.
>Please let me know if you will be doing this. I have never participated in
>a coop but think it is a great idea and would like to learn more about how
>it works.
>Thanks,
>MVespa
> - Mina

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ok - I read the other post, so now I know how the coop works...but who do I send a check to if I want to pay by check? Forgive the DG newbie please!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Mina -

WELCOME!!! You're gonna have so much fun on DG!! Glad you made the jump.

Just post your order in the Coop thread for the Lily coop. You'll kind of see how it's done by reading the other member's posts in that thread (click the link below to go directly to the coop thread). I will then email you with order totals and payment instructions.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/454250/

Again, welcome to the DG family!

Brenda

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

welcome mvespa! ahhhh another lily lover. you'll find when you click 'forum' at the top of the page. it will bring you to the whole list of different forums. there is one for co-op, which brenda (langbr) above directed you too. there is also another one for liliums/lilies, bulbs, garden talk, general discussion etc etc etc................. you can refine your list of forum topics by going to your member page. there are tutorials on how to use dave's garden and all its parts.
nice to meet you and hope to see you in the forums.
debi z and my little bulbet franklin (my pekingese doggie)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

mvwspa--Welcome to DG! You'll have alot of fun in this garden and improve yours at home!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.