daturas

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Is it to late in the season to plant datura seed..I'm in zone 8

Thx,Carol

Thumbnail by dixiechick
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I hope not, I am in 7a, and will plant some jimson weed as soon as the seed gets here. I understand they are good for pumpkin plants, and I have a big pumpkin patch. Maybe someone will tell us...

CREZIERES, France(Zone 8a)

Most Datura's I have encountered germinate in a few weeks at normal summer temperatures.

However... why not use the paper towel/coffee filter method for half the seeds then you are playing both ends against the middle.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Carol was it you I told on the chat that I'd send datura seeds/seedling to? I cannot remember for the life of me who I told that! If it was you I apologize for forgetting, and if not then I can send you some seeds and/or a seedling thats already blooming if you'd like. Susanne

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Susanne, I'm not sure...lol I talked to someone about getting some seeds or seedlings but was on a post ( i think) not chat...

If you have some extra, I'd love some :-) PLMK

Hugs,Carol

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

lol, we're all losing our brains! :) Well I set aside a seedling for someone....you may have it! I'll be back in Lubbock on Tuesday and can get it out to you then. You'll think I'll still remember? lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.