Allamanda Vine

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

We got a new camera from Taiwan (dh made a trip there) so I'm taking pics like a crazy lady.

My dh was going to throw this iron table away. I wanted a potting shelf so we wrapped a trellis over the top and I put in 2 Allamanda vines, one on each side 1 1/2 yr ago.

This is a hardwood vine so you can't really train it to do it's own twining. I wonder how much longer it will take to weigh down that plastic trellis. This thing is growing in my neighbors breadfruit tree next door and about to come over and climb on my awning.

But it's so beautiful and the flowers have a faint sweet scent to them. And it does hide the potting shelf from the streeet, and these days it's almost hiding from me. LOL

:^)))
Molly

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I just have to share a close up of the flower with you.

:^))
Molly

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Very pretty!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Very nice. I love the allamandas.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Sooo pretty!!!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh, I love that yellow. Gorgeous. Keep on clicking. We love pictures around here. LOL!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pictures, MollyMC.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Molly what a great vine!!!!

I agree with Brugie about the color, I am not a huge yellow fan but that one could make my little heart go pitter pat!!!!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

They are so darn difficult to locate up here.....they would grow from seed, don't you think??? Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.