Bright!!!! Elecampane-

Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

I had to wait so long for these to bloom and they were worth every minute of the wait. One of my favorites!

Thumbnail by thehumblebumble
Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Those are nice. How tall are they?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Mine got to around 42-48 inches.

That is the lower limb of the flowers---they will get near 6 foot here and I dont baby them either!!!! Matter of fact I neglect them due to the location in the garden.... I am ashamed******bowing head*****

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Do they come true from seed?

yes--- but in the fall if you would like I am going to dig my clump and move them so I can water them more often and I will trade you a good chunk! How would that be? It takes a while to see a bloom from seed. Marie

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

What would you like to trade for?

I loved named daylilys and perennials or other herbs.....watcha got? Marie

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Would you put aside a little clump for me and I can get them at the Arkansas Roundup? In fact, if you have an extra clump, just add that to your Arkansas trades. I will be coming up with more items for that list soon. I have to get out and take an inventory soon. I want to sell some plants at a sale in the Sept to get rid of some of the extras that are taking up more space that they need.

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Marie, I will post a list later on of the plants that I can trade. I, too, am interested in named daylilies, but I only have a few that I can trade this year. Is your Elecampane hardy for zone 5?

hug---yes they are hardy according to google---

Elena I will save you some also!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Marie, I would appreciate that. Those are really nice looking plants.

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Marie, It seems that I don't have much in the way of perennials left for this year. I either throwed them out or sold them off at the 100 mile yard sale. I was making room for more daylilies--lol. If you can spare a few seeds of your Elecampane, then I would be most interested. Sorry about all of this and "Thanks"! Sandy

Will save you some seeds huge!!!! Marie

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow! Very pretty. This is a new one to me.

I see where you mentioned the height, but what about the width of a established clump?

Tree--- Not more than 18 inches wide. The leaves are really pretty on it. The leaf has been over a foot in length for me. I will try to find my picture of the leaf.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

This plant sounds wonderful. I love things with interesting foliage and large leaves are wonderful.

I hope you find that picture. I'm going to be looking for this plant for next year.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Marie,

I just looked for this plant in the Plants Database and didn't find anything. You should post your picture and information.

Tree- look under Inula and see if they have it listed under that name.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Hi! I would love some seeds from this if you have any available. I see it is hardy here! I love it. Lou

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.