native hydrangea

Heber Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

You can not beat this native hydrangea!!! The butterflys just love it. It is a tall carefree plant!

Thumbnail by thehumblebumble
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Yours seem to have a larger flower than the ones around here. Could be because most of ours are at the edge of the woods and don't get enought sunlight.

I posted a pic of ours here earlier this year in this forum. Sorry, don't have the link.

Found it: http://davesgarden.com/t/435585/

This message was edited Jul 28, 2004 11:58 AM

Wow darius--- Mine gets from 6 to 8 inches wide---- But like you said they are in quite a bit of sun... I guess that would be the only difference.... I love them---love their height!!!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Marie...you are WEALTH of information AND inspiration! I've seen these in my treks to the nearby woods (you know...where I go to, uh...take pictures! Yeah, that's it! ;-) )
~julie~

Very Cute Julie! I love walking in the woods but don't care to much for the copperheads and the rattlesnakes that are out at this time. hahahah Marie

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

:-) Marie...I grew up north of Tulsa, you don't have to tell me about the copperheads, rattlesnakes, water moccasins and scorpions. Up here about the worst you run into is a raging patch of poison ivy...or wild mustard. LOL Oh, there could be a timber rattler but I make it a habit to stay away from the rocky hills.

~julie~

then you know where I am coming from if you grew up around Tulsa! I would hate to think of the number of snakes I stepped over when out in the woods! LOL Marie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.