My First Hummer Pic

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

These Lil' Buggers sure do move fast...lol

Thumbnail by dixiechick
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I know. I just got my first pics, and they're all blurry. Yours is good. You can see the hummer.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good shot, esp. for a first!

I must have taken 50-100 pics before I actually could SEE a recognizeable hummer in a photo.

White lk, MI(Zone 5a)

dixiechick,
Nice shot! It takes a bit of steady hands to get these kind of photos. What is the flower?

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

NICE JOB!!!
Hand held or on a tripod? No WAY can I shoot a hummer handheld. And NO way can I get one anywhere but on a feeder.

Like I said...NICE JOB!
~julie~

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

dixiechick, good shot. I have only gotten pictures of them at feeders, You did good. Is the flower a lobelia . Donna

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Thank's you guy's...It only took me two weeks to get one shot clear enuff to see the hummer...I just about camped out by that flower...lol Which is Black & Blue Saliva.....Man, the hummers go past all my other plants to get to this one..

It was taken hand held (shakey hands at that) I tried to catch them at the feeders but I'm to slow for that

White lk, MI(Zone 5a)

I just wonder why that salvia black in blue is such a hummer magnet. Did you ever pinch one off and see what's in it, or I mean feel how much nectar it contains?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.