Hey There Little Red Riding Hood!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I finally found a Little Red Riding Hood mandevilla that is really red instead of pink. She is very small. I did not want a half grown one that I will have to take a scythe to in a year. Her flowers are smaller that her pink sisters but she is a very pretty girl.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I wanna see!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

How did I manage that? Here you go. Look at the pretty stripes on the flower that is facing away from the camera.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh Janice, that is gorgeous! I have never seen a red before now. Good find, don't let it die! LOL

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I got it at Home Depot for $3.00 on Monday. You may want to look. I need to go there again, if I find another should I get it for you and send it up. It is only in a quart pot.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh, you are a bad girl! SHAME ON YOU! Trying to get me to get more plants! BAD, BAD! LOLOLOL
Your a sweetie to offer, but I will let fate work here. If I go to Home Depot tomorrow & they have one, then I will get one. If they don't, then I will take that as a hint that I have no more room . :~(
I love the mandevilla, there is a gorgeous double in hot pink & light pink that I drool over whenever I see it, but I really should stop because we are just enough colder then you in the winter that a freeze kills them. Otherwise I would say SEND IT! ;~)
But thanks for the offer.

edited to say, have you noticed how low HD prices have become on their plants? I thought maybe is was because Lowes went in across the street, but sounds like your HD is low too!

This message was edited Jul 23, 2004 1:57 PM

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

WAY KOOL FIND!!! I love the red

I checked out my HD & Lowes today...nada :-(

Better luck next time

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.