looking for small Chiranthodendron pentadactylon

Naples, FL

Have been looking for small Chiranthodendron pentadactylon for a number of years. The only ones I can find are 15 gallon pots that need to be shipped from California to South Florida. Anyone know of a source or can root a cutting for me?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi, mycophile-

Well, "PotEmUp" put pictures in the PDB for C. pentadactylon: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/66985/index.html so he meight have a rooted cutting available (then again, he might kick me under the table for suggesting it, lolol.) Seriously, I don't know about getting it OUT of California (or getting it INTO Florida)...

You might also contact "buriedtreasures" - he's a member here and also owns a mailorder nursery business (out of Florida) by the same name. If he doesn't carry it, he might know where to point you for a smaller one.

Good luck - post back here if you need more help or suggestions!

Naples, FL

Thanks, Will try both avenues.
Robert

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, Terry - I didn't find this until after I saw the other posting. It so happens that the tree is busily producing seed and I am hovering about it in hopes of harvesting some. I have not had any success with cuttings yet and the tree is young enough the city may notice if I take too many whacks at it.

Thumbnail by PotEmUp

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.