My July combos

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

I'll show you some of my July combos of containers.
I hope you'll like them.

Containers in boxes. Gomphrena and Coleus.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Calamintha ,Petunia and Pennisetum
The combo of three containers at right.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Hakonechloa macra and Soleirolia soleirolii
A conbination of defferent leaf colors and shapes.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Your flowers are truly beautiful. I especially love your Hakonechloa macra and Soleirolia soleirolii combination.

You have a good eye for color combination and balance, and I always enjoy your pictures.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Tomtom...thanks for sharing the pics of these combinations with us (me! :-) ) . You've given me the solution to problems in my yard (and in my head) giving the beds a full colorful appearance. One thing I have on hand is lots of coleus I've grown from cuttings AND lots of pots to put them in. Until I opened this thread I hadn't thought of using them this way.

I also like your usage of landscaping timbers to raise the level of the beds/borders. If I do this I might be able to keep the pecky rabbits out of my plants.

Thanks again,
~julie~

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Just Beautiful :))

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

nathalyn,debcooper53,
I'm so happy you both enjoyed my pics.
Thank you.

---------------------------------------------
julie88,thank you so much for your encouraging words.
These coleus are also grown from the cuttings of one plant.
I'm looking foward to your pics of summer garden.

tomtom

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

tomtom - as usual, a beautiful display. thanks for sharing.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

TomTom, you have an artistic touch to combine colours and textures. I love your garden!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

You continue to amaze me with your container gardening. Must say I always look forward to your photos!

The Hakonechloa macra and Soleirolia soleirolii is wonderful!!!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Your Hakonechloa macra and Soleirolia soleirolii are beautiful together!!

Judy

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

HERBIE43,Ursula,darius,judycooksey,

How careless I have been to overlook this thread !!
I 've just noticed it . please forgive me!
I do appreciate your comments.

I'll post the pic of what #1 a month after is.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

This is miniture Celosia about 25cm high in a miniture container.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

All beautiful! You are very talented!
LOVE the round pot of greens.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Tomtom...I noticed, when I first saw the coleus in pic #1 how beautifully they matched one another. I was hoping you'd show us an update...and guess what! They STILL match! (Did you plant them that way...every leaf turned the same direction? :-) Just kidding!) That area of your garden is gorgeous!

~julie~

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Cottage_Rose_Z5,thank you for taking a look at my pics.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
julie88,thank you for your kind comment as usual. They just look towards the sun
without my help.LOL

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Beautiful.

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

gumlla,
thank you for your encouraging word.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Tomtom - gorgeous as always!!!!
dd

Naperville, IL(Zone 5a)

TomTom ...I so enjoy seeing your gardening talents displayed on Dave's Garden! What is the size of your garden? You seem to have a lot of beds and containers and I'm wondering how big your gardening area is? I am limited to containers on a deck in a townhouse, now, having down-sized from our big home a few years ago ...I miss my big back yard where I had room to grow lots of perennials, roses, annuals and had a nice 30x40' veggie garden. I used to can tomatoes, put up jams and jellies and make a lot of apple pies from my own trees. The house got to be too big for us, when the kids moved out and were married -- I am only able to do certain things within the rules of the townhouse complex -- but I manage to keep my "hand in" with lots of containers and hanging baskets. Your photos have given me some great ideas for combinations of colors and plants. I am an old airline employee so that is the source of my user name (city codes for Montreal and Chicago -- where I am from and live now.) I don't get on here very often as I have a full time job, but when I do, I love to see postings from you showing your garden and containers. Keep up the good work. Sandy

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

its always a pleasure to see your containers with all the beautiful flowers.

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

delphiniumdiva,HERBIE43,
thank you for your encouraging words.

YulOrdGarden,

thank you for your comment.
My garden is very small,only 13mx7m. I make some flower beds and pergola there,
where I also make seedlings.:-)

I grow more plants in containers since the garden space is limited.
Some plants seem to grow and even to bloom better in containers,I think.
I usually display my containers around the garage.
Since they're movable,they're likely to give you a variety of possibilities in combination.
I'm so fond of sowing seeds ,too.I've enjoyed sowing the seeds I get from the trades here.

I also make some hangingbaskets in season and enjoy arranging the flowers this way.
Sometimes I wished I could have gardened in a more spacious area,but now I feel like
making the best use of what I do have.
YOG, you seem to be a gardening expert.
You sure will find novel ways of enjoying gardening in a new environment.
Please share them with us.

Tomtom

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Matthews, MO

Oh wow I am so glad I just found you and your pics this morning ..I am motivated for the day!!!!!You are very good in your combination there.....I am definitely bring ing in lots of cuttings of all my coleus after seeing the statement you make with so many together..actually I am torn..... masses of one of anything is so very beautiful to look at just in this picture...but , How i love to walk upon one little plant of anything all by itself ...it is so special standing on it s own exquisitely simple and sweet. dee

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

What incredible talent you have! Everything is so full and lush!!! I'm green with envy!

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Thanks a lot ,dee, for encouraging me.
I'm so glad to learn that my pics are of some help to you.
You can make more eye-catching scenes with mass planting,you know.

Tomtom.

-----------------------------------*---------------------------------------

Thanks so much,Sequee ,for your ever-pleasant words.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Just beautiful

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.