Bruised babies...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Anyone know what this is, or why it's happening? This is on a few Stargazer blooms, and now it's showing up on my Pookie buds.

Thumbnail by Moby
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Mary - is that a bruise or part of the petals missing?? Could it be that water sat on the petal folds and caused some kind of rot?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It seems to be something like that. Moisture related. It always starts on a rib. It's on several Pookie buds which are still very green. The foliage looks great, tho.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2004 11:27 PM

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Are you guys up north of me still getting copious amounts of rain? We're drying up here quick! Be sure to water early in the morning and avoid overhead watering on those you're finding susceptible to this "rot" if that's what it is. I did a search on several google phrases but couldn't find anything similar to this, so I'm guessing it's not a specific lily disease.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No, not so much rain anymore. Just enough to keep it humid.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Moby, just read the other thread where you explained telling your DH about the problem with your "pookie buds", but for the life of me I can't figure out what a pookie bud is!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This is Lilium 'Pookie'... Pic is from B&D Lily

Thumbnail by Moby
Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Ooohhh! Very pretty. Hope you weren't banging your head on the computer table from having to explain "Pookie" again! LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No, just a li, litt, little eye twi, twitch..LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.