Four O'Clocks

These are some more Four O'Clocks Kaleidoscope from seed. I love the different colors. But they seem to be blooming at 8:00.

Thumbnail by elsie

Love the colors in this one.

Thumbnail by elsie
Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Elsie...I love your 4 o'clocks. They're flowers that I've had a passion for since I was a kid (a *very* long time ago! :-D) I can't wait until mine start blooming. But then I planted them quite late in the season so I probably won't get more than a few seeds from them this year.

~julie~

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

I only have white, yellow and red. I really like the different colors. will watch out for some seed.

I'm so happy with them. Julie I'm sure you will get some blooms. I hope I can get some seeds that will end up being the multi colored ones. I think I got the seeds at Walmart.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

eLSIE, I HAVE SOME LIGHT PINK 4 OCLOCKS I'M COLLECTING SEEDS RIGHT NOW, WANT TO TRADE. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE KALIDASCOPE, MY LIGHT PINK ONES SMELL WONDERFUL, AND ATTRACTS THE HUMMINGBIRDS.

KATHY_ANN

LET ME KNOW OK

Wow, Kathy Ann, I didn't even know they had an aroma. I assume I just leave the flowers on and there will be seeds eventually. Bear with me I've never grown them before. I'm really enjoying them - the groundhogs don't seem to like them - yippee. I'll be happy to trade seeds with you.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh man, they have a wonderful aroma, my yellow ones aren't quite as fragrant as my pink ones are. it might be the location, the yellows are in direct sun all day. the pink have mostly shade. the flower will fall off on it's on, don't pick it off, then the seed pod will form, and the leaves around the seedpod will open when the seed is ready, the seed will be completely black. You can't miss it when it 's ready.

kathy

Thanks Kathy, I appreciate the information. When it stops raining I'll have to go out and take a whiff.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Elsie, here's my light pink ones, that's one bush there.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.