Pink Iris is blooming!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Now & Later: a salmon pink rebloomer. It didn't bloom this spring, but sure is going to town now! 4 big thick flower stalks with lots of flower buds.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Here is a close-up of the flower

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

lillyfan, those are beautiful! Have a few you'd like to trade?

I have one more of these I can trade.

mgh

Thumbnail by mgh
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I've looked & looked, but no iris re-blooms here. And some of them froze off in late April & never bloomed. Why can't I get lucky like you?

Well Wanda if it makes you feel better; this one did not bloom this spring so... it's not really reblooming!!!!LOL

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I have the same problem. rebloomers, but they don't perform in blooming in the fall. Require lots of water in Aug. to rebloom, so I have been told.

Have only had 1 so far to bloom in Aug. Immortality, which I have extra fans of, if anyone wants to trade?

Maxine

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I love Immortality and have none. But I do have a yellow, Rising Moon, to trade. PLMK
Later: Oops! That's not it. Rising Moon is a TB, not a La. iris, lol. I'll see if I can find the right pic and post it below.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2004 6:09 PM

Thumbnail by woodspirit1

Here it is!

Thumbnail by woodspirit1
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Woodspirit1, I would love to trade with you, but am only looking for pink, orange or a bi color of each.
Hope you can understand what I mean.
Sometimes my fingers do not type what my brain is thinking.
I have FM and CFS with the resulting brain fog.
Can't be old age!!

Maxine

Actually, those are the colors I want to, so I understand. What is FM and CFS? I have CRS.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Fibermyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrom. Makes life interesting. I garden for 1 day and lay around for 2 days or more.
What is CRS??

Have a great Sunday.

Maxine

LOL, Can't Remember SH**

I have some arthritis in my hips as a result from a fall. I used to kid my spousal unit and tell him that I was going to write a book entitled "The 15-Minute Gardener." But then I started going to Curves and got stronger and have less pain.
If it's not to hot out, I can actually work outside for 2 hours, non-stop.
Before, every bit of gardening had to be done incrementally. Dig a hole, rest, mix up soil-amending additives and nutrients, rest, plants the flowers or shrubs, rest, water & mulch, rest. Not any more. I also lost some weight which helped.....

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Woodspirit!! We went to an antique tractor and farm machinery show today and I saw a sign with it on and laughed and laughed. Wondered if that was what you meant.
My cousin and I sure laughed about it.

Thanks for the laugh.

Maxine

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

CRS? And I thought it was "Teen Mom Syndrome" or menopause kicking in! LOL

Immoratily is the only one that rebloomed for me last year. Clarence tried, but too late & the frost got the bud. This year is so wierd that I may get lucky like lilyfan & post a whole pile of Iris with my mums. I can hope, can't I?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.