brenda's aka langbr needs a best friend

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

dear fellow dg gardeners.............
i'm very concerned ;-) about brenda aka langbr. in another thread, here on this forum, brenda said: "Cow manure is my best friend."
well i think we need to band together now and help her.

our goal: to find Brenda aka langbr a new best friend.

qualifications: better than cow poop.

please apply below.

debi z and franklin my pekingese doggie, one of my best friends, who definitely qualifies as better than cow poop. ;-)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

deer langbr, i wuld lak 2 bee yor fren. most fokes say im just a liddle smarder than cow poop, but i don smel much bedder. wuld u lak 2 bee my fren? it wuld be nice cuz i don hav any...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

!!! Who was that idiot using my computer?? I'm sure Brenda is a very nice gal! hee hee

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

LOL!!! You two!!! Actually if you can handle a shovel, dig a 3'x3' hole in 30 seconds, stoop at the waist for hours on end weeding and don't need new gloves every month then you'll do just find as my new best friend.

Cow manure rules!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gloves?? Never use 'em. That would cut in to my flower allowance!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I can't even mow the yard without having 2 or 3 blisters from gripping the handle bar! I must be clenching!! Same on raking. Rats!!

(ok...so that's the excuse I give when mowing day arrives) That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Good for you!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

yeah yeah yeah........brenda.

hey guess no one wants to be your best friend but us too. i haven't put in my application yet so here it is.

i'll send you a lily bulb if you'll be my best friend. LOL

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I'll sell my friendship for Lily Bulbs--I have no shame. Do I have to hold my nose?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

naw...I chased that idiot off! What a 'cheap' lot we are... can be bought and sold for a flower. LOL!!

Oh, I feel so CHEAP! Look at the depths my addiction has taken me to--my friendship for a lily bulb. I'm so ashamed at my depravity. LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yes!!! Another victim... Can't you just see some shady guy in a trench coat sayin..."psst!...wanna score a lily?'

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

If ya score the poppies, we'll be riding high! (ask if ya don't get it, DH says I can be as off the wall as my mother some days - I consider that a huge compliment!)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

WOO HOO!! I was just posting on another thread about a problem with my 'Pookie' buds. DH asked what "pookie bud"
was..?? Repeated the problem. He says "So what's pookie bud?" (head banging on table) Finally told him it wasn't
THAT kind of plant!

When I talk to my Dh about my flowers, he smiles & nods. I do the same when he is extolling some virtue of his gun stock or shell re-loading equipment. The secret of a successful 20 year marriage? Smile & nod!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Loud and clear, Kooger! hee hee Off the wall?? I'd be insulted if anyone considered me otherwise!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

tee hee!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I go away to work for the day and look what happens in here!!! Ladies - please compose yourselves!! You're going to frighten the children! Men in trench coats, "scoring" bulbs, depravity, selling yourself for companionship.....I mean REALLY!! What's a person to think?

So WHO was it that had the lily bulb for friendship??? LOL!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

...psst!...hey langbr...checked your mail lately?? :)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hey....Mary....checked YOUR mail lately?? :-D

Hey, I went to work and STILL snuck into DG yesterday. Gotta stop doing that--very distracting. Ohh! I need to work so I can afford the Lily co-op!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

LOL! Wanda. DH & I have our own business and if I dare take a moment to login to DG (and I only get the chance maybe once a month or so) inevitably DH walks in to my office and gives me this look like...."On DG again?" He thinks I live here in the evenings! LOL

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

and you don't????

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

:-P

LOL I have to take a stick and back my DH after the computer to get it evenings--unless he's working! And I lose it totally if our oldest is over to do laundry (college student) or the younger one is home. (Camp counselor all summer.)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

so how come the mom always has to give up the machine first? Same thing happens here. First youngest DS has it, then DH comes home, he has to have it, then the other 2 DS, (work at the same place, temporarily staying with us - TEMPORARILY - got that?) come home later and they gotta have it --- then DH complains that I never come to bed or if I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm on the pc - shoot, it's usually the only time I get uninterrupted 'playing' time!!

Did you notice how late at night or early in the morning some of my posts are? THAT'S when I get my computer time! :)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Wanda - you've got mail...

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh my, you POOR things!!
Only me to use my computer. An old lady who lives here.

I wouldn't be using what we call green manure or real fresh stuff, as it will burn your plants.
Personally I like the cow manure that they sell in bags at my local farm store.

Happy bulb snitching.

Maxine

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

We solved the problem of computer time. When DH and I got married we each had one so no problem there. As the kiddos got older we'd buy us a new one and they got the old one. Now we have 4 computers in the house on a network with 5 people in the house (the youngest is 2 yrs old). Probably only a matter of time before SHE wants a computer!!

Maxine - good point....I only use the bagged stuff from HD or Lowes or wherever I find a good deal.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

brenda,
folks are not gonna wanna be your best friend if you choose them by the "best deal". geeeeeeeeze louise..........no wonder cow manure is your best friend. ;-) lol but being the wonderful, generous and the best friend a person could have, i'm willing to still be your best friend. :-)
by the way.....i'm the one whose willing to give you a lily for your friendship. ;-) LOL i am definately no above bribery. :-)
debi & franklin

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Whatcha offering, Debi Z
What kind of lily bulb for friendship??

Maxine

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oh 'cow poop'... i knew someone was gonna ask me that. heck i don't know but i'll come up with something. :-D

Whoops! Got distracted by work again--- Gee, maybe I can buy some friends too. I've got a whole pile of pink lilies that need to move out If I'm going to buy at the lily Co-op.

This message was edited Jul 23, 2004 10:42 AM

Buying friends with lily bulbs--gotta love it! So, does a rarer bulb buy you a higher class friend?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

wanda, your post is showing up twice, so does that mean you really, really want to know the answer to this question?
answer:
i don't really know if you can not be a higher class friend than cow poop? according to brenda anyhoooooo. :-) but i might even be willing to have cow poop as my best friend for this bulb orienpet 'luminaries'
http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/orienpet_1.html
or this one orienpet 'sublimity'
http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/orienpet_3.html
hey i'm worth $30. just ask my dh. now wether he thinks a lily bulb is worth $30, well i bet you know the answer to that one. LOL
debi z and franklin

LOL Let's NOT ask my DH about my value. He has a sticker up in his gun room : "Got a gun for my wife---GREAT TRADE!) LOL

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

lol

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh boy! If it takes lily bulbs (or anything else from the garden) to buy me a friend...I'm in BIG trouble.

HEY! Maybe they sell friends in that Co-op thing I've been reading about. Brenda, maybe you should look there...maybe we could just make a trade. Or maybe your DH would consider trading you to me in return for *my* DH. After all...my DH needs a new best friend that talks RC Airplanes. And THAT would get ME a new best friend, too. :-D

~julie~
who is heading to the coffee pot for a second cuppa and then won't return to the computer because she really doesn't know what she's written...and wouldn't want to be held accountable for any offers made while talking in her sleep.
:-D

P.S. You all are CRAZY! (in a good way, of course.) ;-)

Julie--you have enought friends without buying them? You must take a bath more often than the rest of us. (Dirty & sweating after a good day "playing" in my garden.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.