Show us your yard!! PART 2

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

You know what I like about thsi thread? (Aside from getting to see everyone's fabulous yards, of course) I am getting SO many ideas for combination plantings from seeing what y'all have done and been successful with. I just wish I could do a "cut and paste" from all the goodies posted here that would work for me and make it all just appear like magic FULLY GROWN in MY yard! :-D

But since the real world doesn't work on computer commands, at least I'm filling my head with pictures of what it *might* be like.

Thanks for the inspiration, everyone.
~julie~

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

What julie said, Ditto!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Dinu, link doesn't seem to work for me, says I am not the owner.
Love that palm deda, reminds me of our isle.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

What beautiful wonderyards!!! All are so nice its hard to single any out... just spent the last two hours going over the thread. Dinu your link did not work for me either, I would love to see the pics I've seen some of your flower and pond pics and I'm sure these would be wonderful.
Well here is mine... isnt it grand that we love our gardens.. and they love us!!!

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Fun to see .... I'll join in. Lilies, mondo grass and crape myrtle to the left; coneflower, elephant ear, roses and such to the right and up the drive!

This message was edited Jun 23, 2006 12:18 PM

Thumbnail by pegdog
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

well this is an old thread brought back..it was fun to read it again and see all the wonderful gardens.
My gazebo..with clematis in bloom this year.

Thumbnail by Starzz
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

How beautiful! Thanks for the pix!

Tiffin, OH(Zone 6a)

Our pond-1200 gallon with Koi and goldfish. A water feature really adds serenity to your yard. We enjoy it.

Thumbnail by mwhit
Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Osteole,

I do not use 'hay' for mulch unless it has been well composted.

Hay is basically dried grass and when it gets wet it heats up and gets moldy and slick and yukkie .............

then you will know why you should use 'straw ' for mulch instead.

Straw is just dried stems of wheat ,oats or barley grain that his long stopped growing before it is harvested.

A good straw should be bright yellowish, loose and easy to scatter.

If it is hard to break up the flakes it has been baled wet and molded. You can still use it but it is just not as pretty.

Cheers ;-[)

This message was edited Aug 5, 2006 10:37 AM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

BU
MP

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Your yards are so beautiful! I have a serious case of "green envy."

I am NOT going to post a picture of my yard in this thread. All I have are "before" pictures.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.