Mexican Petunia

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Full of blooms when I leave work early in the morning,not a single bloom when I get home from work,this is what I call a morning plant.
And brugmansia an evening plant,is there a catorgory that describes the flowering times of plants,so a person can tell which plant to grow,for there time of day?

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Lovely, Don. I love the color purple in flowers. I don't think there is any such classification, but it is a good idea!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well when I retire I might just write a book,called
The am to pm garden,whats flowering and when!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Is that the one I sent you? It is very pretty!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep that was the cutting you sent,last year,broke a piece off this spring stuck it in the ground,and its almost 1/2 the size of that one.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Boy, mine has some serious growing to do. Nice plant.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Tell you what. How about coming over to my house and yanking up all you want. I have purple and pink and there must be a couple hundred or so.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

rylaff.......that's where the purple one came from...about 3 yrs ago...was Florida. I brought it back to Ohio...and it's been going strong ever since!! Of course...I bring it in for the winter.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Help!! Am I supposed to over winter the Mexican Petunias that I have? They aren't growing very fast and I'm afraid they won't have time to produce seed. Oh my gosh....I don't know where I'm going to hold everything for six months.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Brugie,LOL lets not even go there,I think I've over done it this year too!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Brugie, you just let me know if yours doesnt make it through the winter. I can hook you up with all you want. These things have become like weeds for me. They are everywhere. They do too well here. And the ones close to the house did not even die back for the winter. I would shop you a bunch now but it is probably too hot.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks rylaff, but don't you think that besides the heat....my short summers might be my trouble? I have about 2-1/2 months before frost. I don't know where the time has gone. If you could save me some seeds that I could start at Christmas, maybe I could get bloom next year. I love the look of them.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I was gonna say Brugie, if you lose yours just let me know! I can "weed" the flowerbeds for you. I've got mostly short ones in pink and blue.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Look so nice and pretty, I has full of it.

I would like to get some the pink one if you have extra Cala?
Blue one too? I has purple one.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

The "blue" is probably what you call purple. I've just always called it blue. I will try to determine which little seedlings are pink, or I can send seeds.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I have full of purple... I have been cutting them down but they grow back.. so I gave up and let them growing all over! :o)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Rylaff,if you get seeds from the white and pink,would love to get some from you,trade or sase.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am sure I can gather some for you.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sylvia sent me some...I think they are the short ones. Let me see if they are going to do anything this year. Maybe I just don't have a long enough summer. For me, I know I don't. Thanks Susie.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.