Nasturtium

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Fast it grew, this errant seed, but it was no common weed. Stretching forth at it's leisure it explored the garden for it's pleasure.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

It blossomed in my Budlia Tree and it posed for a picture with Canna Lily

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Then, as if trying on new clothes, up into the Camelia it grows

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Crocosmia looked at her and said, 'My beauty, I think that we should wed' but fickle is Nasturtium's name and so she left him all the same.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

She gossiped with the chicks and hens then saw the pond and dipped right in!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

The Verbena made her feel at home but she could not help but roam

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

She discovered a fossilized shell and thought it contrasted well with her smiling face but she took off as if in a race

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

She liked the thread leafed maples hue but what's a roving gal to do? To stay too long in one location just was not in her disposition!

This message was edited Jul 14, 2004 12:17 AM

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I could have yanked this intruder out but into the Hollyhocks she made her route. Since the Hollyhocks have yet to bloom I let the vine take more than her share of room.

So I'll let her have the garden this one season, if for no other reason, than to see how far she'll go and in which direction next she'll grow.

And this winter I will pull her out knowing next spring there'll be new Nasturtiums about!

This message was edited Jul 13, 2004 7:14 PM

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

What a cute 'Ode to a Wanderer' Zany!!! Enjoyed it!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Creeping little garden fellow, blooms of russet, orange, yellow. Sunny flowers in the garden never have to beg one's pardon.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

This is just great! :-)

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

oh ....you make me laugh....

Thanks!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

She is a cheery inspite of her wanton ways. And I know that she will be leaving lots of babies in her wake. But she just refuses to settle down.

Glad ya enjoyed her with me. And Weezingreens, I love your added verse!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Anytime, at your leisure, I'm here to add a garden treasure.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Zany, she is just wonderful! They do wander about the garden. I have a hoya trying to do the same thing in the cactus garden. Suppose the flowers have been whispering again?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Cactus are such prickly folk that they may whisper and poke their spiny fingers at a roaming Hoya plant and try to tell her that she can't keep roving day after day , but their just jealous they can't stray!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh my dear Zany and Weezie, I thoroughly enjoy your poetry. Zany how ever long does it take you write such a sweet poem?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Time invested in that one...none really ...I wrote it as I posted the photos. I just wrote what I saw.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.