Put your blender to good use

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi!

I do not do a lot of composting, but have been trying to. I do save all my kitchen peelings and scraps and add them to my "Earth Machine" composter all summer. It is not the most practical of things, as you cannot get to the bottom of it, nor can you areate/mix it too well. But, I am stuck with it!

I have always thought that it would be such a great idea to put any kitchen vegetable scraps in your blender, with a little bit of water, and just "whirrrrr" them into some soup. Then go outside and pour them over your beds of choice. I imagine, that it would compost VERY quickly.

This may work well for people ho do not have space for a compost pile, or don't want to bother. Obviously, I would not use this blender for anything else BUT......

What do you all think of this? Gitagal

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!