Zucchini Cobbler..This is delicious

Hernando, MS(Zone 7b)

This takes some time to make, but is a delicious way to use that zucchini. I took it out of the oven about 30 minutes ago and my husband & I both declared it a winner..

Zucchini Cobbler
8 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 3 lbs.)
2/3 cup lemon juice
I cup sugar
I tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Crust:
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups cold butter
I tsp. cinnamon

In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and occasionally stir zucchini and lemon juice for 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; simmer one minute. Remove from heat and set aside.

For crust, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir 1/2 cup of crust mixture into zucchini mixture.
Press half of remaining crust mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Spread zucchini mixture over top; crumble remaining crust
mixture over zucchini. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375' for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
(Most people will think this is made with apples)

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!