Platycodon grandiflorus Bellflower

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

so pretty wanted to share today

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

side shot

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I have the same one - love it! How tall is yours?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

mine is no taller than say 12-14 inches right now, just put in this spring. How tall does yours get?

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Mine is short also - about 4 yrs. old now. Talked with a lady from church last night who has a white one that's about +3 ft. tall. We're going to exchange seed. Should I ask for some for you?

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I love it Laurrie!
I bought seed last year of the pink, white & double blue. I have only gotten blooms on the double blue and last years single blue. Maybe the others take a little longer.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Pudgy: I got this from a friend in OH, she dug up and gave to me as: St. Johns Wort, wasn't I surprised when it formed a bud and then bloomed, I knew then it wasnt' what she thought. LOL

Kooger, yes I would love some seed, what would you like in exchange?

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Talked to her yesterday and she said trading seed was a great idea so when they're ready, we'll do that. Checked mine yesterday and there are seeds but it'll be a bit before they're ready.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I have both the blue and white height around 2 1'2' to 3' tall.
If you don't dead head you will have zillions!!

Would love to have seed of the pink and db. blue. Didn't know that the plant came in those colors.
If anyone wants seeds from mine, just let me know. I dead head constantly.

Maxine

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello,
I have the blue, where on the plant are the seeds? How and when do I collect the seeds?

Thank you in advance
for any help
Linda (bilyn)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

The seed will form in the base of the flower. It is kind of a large (1/2") round ball - just don't deadhead! Not sure how long they take to dry as I have always deadheaded... guess I'll find out soon! :)

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello Kooger,
Thank you very much, my balloon flower is so beautiful, I want more....
I will post a picture as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Linda (bilyn)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.