My rain water harvesting pics

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I had mentioned about the subject/project sometime ago. Now the pictures are ready and thought it might be wise to share here.

The collection pipe is fitted to the roof of our kitchen. It was a 6" pipe, cut laterally to make two lengths. Have used cheap methods to divert the water into the barrel. I have used a plastic bottle by cutting the side to fit to the collection trough and into the barrel. The overflow will slowly pass into the smaller barrel. I have used a 1 gallon PET bottle for the filter by cutting its base and putting its nozzle into the opening of the barrel. Have used 4 layers of sponge to keep out smaller dirt. The leaves and other bigger particles fall into the kitchen filter kept at the entry point. Cleaning the filters is very easy. It is working very successfully.

Thumbnail by Dinu
This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!