Lady Alice Anyone?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Do any of you grow Lady Alice lilies? I ordered some to plant this fall and was just wondering how you like them.

Susan

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I guess with a name like that I had better check those out!!!!

Its so seldom I get called a "lady" that it would be fun to see a plant tag with that name!!!

Sorry Susan, just couldn't resist. I have never seen a flower of any kind bearing my name and it just cracked me up when I saw your post.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's what Jung's catalog says about Lady Alice: "Graceful Turk's Cap-type blooms are white blushing to a soft orange at the center, Striking green anthers protrude from a green heart. The 4-5 foot plants are a sight to behold in August with their load of blooms." From the photo they look more orange than white. I'm wondering how big the flowers are? Look somewhat like my white Henryi. Does graceful, blushing and a sight to behold describe you Alice? You'd better check them out.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is what I purchased as Lady Alice. It is the second season in my garden. Last year it had only 3 blossoms this year 8. Like almost everything else this is blooming 3 weeks to a month early.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't think anyone has ever referred to me as the blushing type, let alone graceful. It must be because I don't have the Lady in front of my name that did it!

The flower if gorgeous, going on my must have list, and then I can just lie and tell people it was named after me! haha

Banning, CA(Zone 9b)

aknapp, ur toooo funny.. lolol.. lilyfan that sure is a beauty.. i want, i want, i want!!! do i sound like a bratt??? at least thats what my mom and dad always names me as, well me and my sister vicci, we are the two bratts of the family.. lolol..

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

dearest lady alice, i bow to your grace and blushingness. your beauty astounds me and send me scurrying to dave's garden to see your post. :-) now alice you didn't think i was talking about you did you? i was referring to the lilium but hey, you can suck up the accolades too. :-) i think it a very good idea that you tell everyone it was named after you. what the heck do they know anyhow???????????? AND i haven't met a woman that wasn't a lady, well ok one or two, but gardeners.............well we are all ladies of our gardens. so it fits. ;-D
debi z

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Debi That was great!!!! I love it!! Your sense of humor has be nearly as wacked as mine!!!!

So sorry for messing with your post lincolnitess. I am sure this is not the info you were hoping to get!!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

thank you aknapp and my apologies too lincolnitess.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.