FOLIAGE PLANT SECRET TRADE

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Foliage Plant Secret Trade
JULY 10-18

Rules: 5 Foliage Plants of your choice will be mailed to the person drawn as your secret trader.

Please try to send the quality of plant you would like to receive. Do not send plants that can be bought at Walmart or Lowe's for 2 or 3 dollars. It is not worth the postage. Send the plant you love the most or the plant you specialize in growing.

Please do not feel obligated to send more than 5 plants. Although some traders like to send more, which is encouraged, but it is not necessary.

Trades will be chosen by luck of the draw.

hcward416@comcast.net

PLEASE PUT IN SUBJECT LINE -SECRET TRADE

Please put in body of email:
Dave's Garden user name
Name, Address
Please put it in this form so I can copy and past into data base.
Example:
bward
Barbara Ward, 416 Walnut St., Fortway, IN 48583 (not a real address)

Names will be drawn and sent to you by the 19th or 20th and shipping should be done July 21-28, if you have trouble meeting the deadline please let me know. I will be in FL the 22nd -29th but will have names with me and access to my email.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2004 6:22 PM

This message was edited Jul 11, 2004 12:09 AM

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

I'm I B - you have mail!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm In too or is it two. Heheh

Decatur, IN(Zone 6a)

I am in and will be on time this time....foliage, can they be house plants, or just like, say hostas, etc?

Foley, AL

foliage is mostly anything that has lots of leaves and hardly flowers.. but I think foliage can look different in everyones eyes....... http://www.apopkafoliage.com/ they have a foliage festival every year... sounds like fun maybe one day I can make it...

how does this work.....?????
ely

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

elyearcrazy-you are given a name of a trader and you send them minimally 5 foliage plant and the person who draws your name (I draw the names and sent them out) sends you minimally 5 foliage plants.

This message was edited Jul 11, 2004 12:37 AM

Kirbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

Count me in!! I'm ready for another round lol~ Debra~

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

What FUN! I am in...foliage is one of my faves!

Carol

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Houseplants would be fine with me as long as they are a bit unusual. Some things that are houseplants up north are garden staples down here. Just have to watch your person's zone - Whoever gets my name please don't send me hostas they bite it in the heat!

Which raises a question: do the northern people want to do plants that they have to grow indoors? Maybe people could post (once we get going) whether they want zone to be taken into account? I know some people have greenhouses and can do anything, but I don't want to be sending Persian shield to some poor soul in Oregon and they'll be like, what do I do with this? JMO! :)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry, I am backing out on this one. I know party pooper. I just don't think I have enought foliage plants to trade with.
Sorry yall.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Bummer!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I'm in!!

"eyes"

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Great "eyes"!!!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Barb, it will be closer to the 28th for me, have to go to California that week for DH's mom's 90th birthday, should be back by the 27th.

"eyes"

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm in! you got mail!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm out too...I don't have enough to trade with right now and wouldn't want to disappoint anyone....unless you want some unrooted cuttings that look a little sad right now. :) Except for the ones that tombstonejan sent me....but I'm not ready to part with any of those yet! :)
If anyone has anything for SASE, please contact me via email. These are on my must-have list...
Cordyline
Zebrina (pink or yellow varieties)
watermelon pepperomia

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

only 4 more days to sign up-we need a few more folks.

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I would love to do this, but am leaving on vacation on the 19th, and don't have any foliage stuff rooted right now. Would have to wait and root them before I sent them. Would people be willing to wait a while for them to get rooted? Would probably be about a month before I could send out.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I am in!!! Sent ya an e-mail..

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

So far this is the list of participants. If you have been left out of the list, please contact me.

JULY 18 is the last day to sign up

bward
Delphiniumdiva
RedSunDance
Alohahoya2000
gapeahen
eyesoftexas
Moodene

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

MaryinLA I will wait if you root up some of that var. costus!!! She has awesome stuff, ya'll!!! I say put her in!

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Maryinla- you can participate, if you want.

I hope ornamemtal grasses will be ok?????

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Mary I just did it AGAIN! Mixed you up with Lisa I mean - sorry, sorry, sorry...it was Lisa's yard pics I was thinking of. (knocking self on head some more...)

But you still have awesome stuff!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hey, I'd like to be included in this! Thanks

Who ever is my secret trader ,,,Just want to let you know,,,,
that I'm going on vacation 7-27 til 8-2, please hold my goodies if you haven't ship yet until 8-1. Thanks a bunch!

I'll be shipping my secret out on Monday 7-26!

Thanks,
DonnaV

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Shipped mine out Monday! Not you GPH.
dd

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Just to reinterate, I'll be out of town 7-22 to 7-26.

"eyes"

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I got someone in TX by the name of Jerrie...that is the only ID I have. With the flu DH packed the box and shipped Tues...and I found plants he forgot so I shipped out another today. Hope it isn't someone who will be gone.... Sorry if I messed up but I don't know the codes yet!! ;oD

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Uh oh that's Jerrie! ie. "eyes"
so confusing everyone having two names...fun but confusing! Eyes - better leave a note for the mail!

Bward
Thanks a bunch! All arrive today and lookin good!
You did a GREAT job,,,,I have none of these!
Thanks for doing this Secret Trade!
It's just so much fun!!!!!!!
I'll post what I got later on!
Thanks again a BIG (((((((HUG))))))) to u!
Donna

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Ah, "eyes"....

Am still trying to track down the "real" name of the Costus I sent...(locals think Botanical names are...well...wierd). Write me if you have questions...can send you a pic of the mother plant. I can't find it in any catalogues.

Hope you got everything.

Why is this thread dead?

Aloha.

PS If everything cooked waiting for your return...I think they should recover quickly....none really need foliage to root.

OH dear...please, on the next trade, could we get the play names as well as the REAL ones?

This message was edited Jul 26, 2004 9:04 AM

Kirbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

My end of the secret trade went out this morning...heading east! Debra~

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Hasn't ANYone received ANYthing yet. Eyes...were they all dead (I can send new box)...has this Secret Trade disappeared?

Carol...out on a rock in the middle of the ocean.

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

I don't know if mine arrived-out of town. Where is everyone.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Carol, got home yesterday, and everythings fine!! You really outdid yourself my dear!! Will treasure these darlings, and share with others along the way. Oh........and I really adore the plant tags!!

"eyes"

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Oh, good "Eyes" When I heard it was YOU out of town I paniced!!! Yes, do share. That costus propagates really easily by bending the fading flower down to some dirt and it roots!

Aloha

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Got mine Debra, but I don't know your username! They are awesome despite the fact that my mailman insists on leaving them in the blazing sun even though I put a big potted plant right there next to the door and you had labelled it Perishable and all. LOVE the date palm! Have always wanted one and they are usually big and expensive. All of the other plants were just what I would have picked! Already got em in pots. And I love the way you labelled everything - how did you know I really needed some of those littel baggies for seeds?
Thanks this was an awesome trade!

Kirbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

Elizabeth....I am so glad you got the plants in good shape...how did the Black Batflower travel?? I was worried about that one, so I wrapped it in newspaper to protect it from the heat....if you have any questions growing the Tacca, just ask~ Just make sure you don't plant the crown of the tacca....it gets very moody if you do LOL~ Those little baggies come in very handy.....I'm a seed saver myself! Debra~

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I,m in. This is going to be fun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.