What is your favorite way to cook Corn on the cob?

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Was wondering your favorite way to cook corn?

I've been cooking it in the Microwave for years now. I saw an article years ago about the benefits of doing it this way,less nutrient loss, quicker, easy cleanup, et al., after tasting it, I was convinced. The only exception is when we have several people here for dinner, then we either do it on the grill, or go with the traditional boiling.

It depends on how big of a hurry I'm in, you can leave the husk on it, pop in the microwave and cook 2-3 minutes per ear on high (times will vary with your own microwave, so you'd have to tweak it to fit your own needs) or you can husk first then lay a damp paper towel over and microwave. I've even not covered it with a paper towel and not had a problem.

If we do it on the grill, we soak overnight first in the husk, then place on the grill. (how long, I don't know, that is hubby's department) :-)

This thread has 93 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!