Blushing Susie is going to town!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Started from seed this winter.....this is potted in a 7-gal or so sized pot and hold 2 separate vines. It's been blooming sparsely until this week and now I think she's off to the races!

Thumbnail by langbr
Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

langbr excuse my ignorance but what is this? I love it!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Thunbergia alata

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/62063/index.html

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

very pretty! I never get ordered in time for the blushings, & end up with the sunrise. I am gonna order earlier next time, these are so cute! I am getting very sparce blooms on mine, about 1/2 the vines in my big tree pot are from last year but I added in some new seed this year. I think it is not getting enough sun. Post if you get seed on yours. I am curious if I am the only one that doesn't. I was told that I was just "missing" them, but I have even tried the pantyhose over blooms, and nothing, and I never see any bugs or the hummers at it to pollinate them. What do you see at yours?
Donna

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Oh its gorgeous! I started some yellow ones from seed this year and they're just barely 5 inches tall (I started late). I didnt know there was the pink kind- I am going to try to find those for next year!
You should put that pic in the database, it's a great one.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Art - I uploaded it to the PDB right before I posted this thread. Probably will get released in the next day or two (I know it takes a couple of days in the queue).

Pudgy--I'm trying to get seed on these. I think they are at the base of the calyx after the bloom dies and falls off. There's a round green ball in between the two leaves left after the bloom drops. I remember the seed I bought were round little orbs so I'm hoping I'm going for the right thing.

I've not noticed hummers around mine but I honestly don't ever see hummer on ANY of my plants and I have a hummer & butterfly garden!! I do see lots of butterflies on this though.

Also, I got this from Park Seed but ordered it very early in the year too! These were slow to get going and I was disappointed initially....I think they are just coming into their own right now. I'm expecting this will be covered in blooms in another couple of weeks. Hope so!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.