Casa Blanca

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

I love all my lillies I look forward to many more

Thumbnail by bopjg
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I love the look of this. Is it also fragrant?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Darius, it's one of my most fragrant and longer lasting!
And look at the size of it!

Thumbnail by violabird
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Thanks! I have a bunch of the Stargazers and I think these would look wonderful nestled amongst them.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

casa blanca and siberian are both terrific white orientals darius.
beautiful bobjg and violabird.

this is a lilium oriental 'siberian'. i took the picture on july 25th of 2003, in what was a mostly sun garden(neighbor cut back his forsythia's...wayyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyy back....now we are a full sun garden. :-D there). i would suggest checking the heights and bloom times on these and if need be other orientals. my stargazers, in another sun garden blossomed on august 2nd, last year. hope this info helps a bit.
debi z and franklin

Thumbnail by debi_z
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Huge & a clean white? Wonderful!

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

debi_z I'd like to have 3 bulbs of lilium oriental 'siberian'
realy very pretty Janie

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Aren't they just beautiful,and probably the largest flower in the lilly family I have in my garden.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

There is no flower more beautiful than the Casa Blanca. Two years ago a cursed Bradford pear split and fell on my 50 Casa Blancas while they were in bloom..I cried for three days. I was so mad that I sawed the entire tree up with a hand saw, and I am an old lady of 58!! It was a huge tree, but it was kindling when I got through with it, and it made me feel better to see the sucker dead!!! So much for vengence. Enjoy those beauties-mine are out in all their glory, and I try to spend some of each day in their prescence while they're in bloom.

Dublin, OH(Zone 5a)

I hear you. I would cry for three days, too. Just am not sure if I still would have the energy to hand saw a Bradford Pear. You go, LGW728.

BTW, did those 50 Casa Blancas ever come back? I have three Casa Blanca. They are glorious.

My next door neighbor's front yard Bradford Pear was broken in half by high wind. Fortunately no plant or property was hurt. Not a very sturdy tree aren't they, those Bradford Pears?

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

Yes, they came back and are in bloom right now. Each one has about 5 to 8 blooms on it, and they are gorgeous!!! I wish I had a digital camera so I could post a picture of them.
Bradford pears are one of the scourges of the earth. Here in TN some of our nursery people are forming a semi-serious organization called the BPES (Bradford Pear Eradication Society). They are encouraging people to buy other trees, and cut down the ones they already have. We bought two trees about 20 years ago. The first one came down on the lilies-the second one fell on the garage LAST WEEK!!!! I will never have another one.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

OK....I'm convinced I gotta get some Casa Blanca's even though I'm not big on solid white lilies. The discussion you two are having has convinced me. LOL!

Bradford Pear's are notoriously weak trees....I believe there are comments to that affect in the PDB too! Unfortunately, they are like the homebuilder's tree of choice here in Kansas and nearly every home built around here has 2 -3 of them in the yard. They are terrific in a grove of them and are some of the glorious trees of early Spring bloom around these parts.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.