My handyman is building us a Pergola!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

This is my DH. He doesn't always look this happy, but he is in the middle of a big project. I have always wanted a pergola with a beautiful wisteria vine growing on it. Oh, I know that wisteria vines are like kids--they have to be disciplined regularly or they can get out of control! ;~) Well after years of pointing to pergolas in our travels, my DH suggested I find a picture of what I wanted, so I searched the internet. I finally found a Better Homes and Gardens outdoor projects magazine that had a set of plans for what I wanted--almost. DH modified the plans to make it larger and with an extension for the wisteria to climb up the side of the wall--it is planted below the patio. It is made out of red cedar and yes, we painted it white! That is an entire subject all together--learn while you work!! He started this project on June 10--almost a month later it is almost completed.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2004 10:46 PM

Thumbnail by nminmd
This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!