Lookee what I found!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

A wild passiflora, growing up our bank that's never been planted, just weeds... I had heard they grew wild here but forgot it.

Sorry the photo isn't sharper. I was getting eaten up by mosquitoes/

Thumbnail by darius
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Here's the vine. Looks like another flower in the making...

Thumbnail by darius
Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Kewl beans, darius. They grew wild here when I was a kid - we called them maypops and threw them at each other. With all the development, we lost a lot of the wild ones. I got one from a lady in New Jersey, now I have them all over but I love them.

Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

Aren't they marvelous finds, Darius? They seem to pop up in the most unlikely places. I once found one growing out of a concrete foot bridge accross the James River smack in the middle of Richmond, VA.

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

I have so many of these in my yard, I have to just mow them down. That sounds terrible to a lot of you, I'm sure, but I can't cultivate every one of them. We have lots in the field adjacent to our house.

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Passiflora incarnata, the maypop, has edible fruit that is sweet and used to make jelly and all kinds of stuff. Passionfruit is an important crop in the tropics.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I actually transplanted a ton of these and a bunch of wild Daturas to the back fence.... the Pokeweed back there is as thick as my arm in the middle section of the fence. Strange how weeds can be so beautiful, the only problem is the bird poo, Pokeweed has bright purple berries and so the poo is also very bright purple!

This message was edited Sep 10, 2004 7:35 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.