Journal, Jan 21

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Oh what a beautiful morning! (somewhere else). The wind is blowing quite hard, it's 23*, and snow is drifting so hubby will be plowing the driveway to get us out this morning. I am in no hurry to get out and do chores, but that must be done, lots of big brown eyes watching the house. Yesterday I could see that the deer are staying away from the garden, but they are watching the dog from the hillside. One jumped into our pasture, then changed his mind and went out over the fence they way he had come in. Another went to the horse watering hole, then turned around and went back up the hill. From the tracks I would say there are three. This afternoon is our farm club meeting and potluck down the road at the old one room schoolhouse. It's always fun and the food is tasty and in good supply. It's warm if you are next to the stove, but quite chilly elsewhere in the room. I emagine the kids took turns getting up to go warm next to the stove, and I can picture wet mittens, boots and jackets hanging nearby getting dry for the trip home. Now it is time for me to put on several layers of clothes and go feed the critters. They've been patient with me long enough! See you later.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!