ANSO it goes ...... my latest addiction

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

I'm really falling hard for these because of the long bloom time.

One of my first Asiatics, 'Elgrado' on her last blossom.

Thumbnail by scooterbug

And the other first one ......'Tinos'
she's on her last also.

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Asiatic
'Brunello'

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Asiatic
"Corrida"

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Asiatic " Megastar" (fragrant) =)

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Asiatic
" Monte Negro "

This message was edited Jul 6, 2004 3:05 PM

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Asatiac
" Nove Cento "

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Daylily

" Chorus Line "

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Daylily

" Frankly Scarlet "

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Scooter -- your Tinos looks so much better than mine did this year. This was my first year for mine and it didn't get the red like it should have. I know next year's will be much better though. Thanks for sharing your pic.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Scooter, those are all beautiful! I'm admiring your Monte Negro, especially, since I planted three of those last summer. One didn't come up, one got broken by the dog, and the last finally bloomed . . . it's orange! ARG! Bright glowing orange, at that. LOL! I cut them and brought them in to my sister. Sure brightens up a room!

Yours are gorgeous. I'm going to have to try again next year.

Cheri'

Thanks guys,
.................I am so pleased with these new plants.

Any other fresh addicts out there ?

I have a mini DL named 'Eenie Weenie' , a deep yellow but she's finished blooming.

There is another yellow Daylily and a small size pink Dl ,( I think ) that I'm waiting for blooms on.

I lucked out on a lot of these ,from Homey D's . They were fresh off the truck before the tags got switched around .

Each pot had four huge plants. I wonder if I should seperate them later on ? Don't know very much about these plants yet =))

Keep on Diggin' it !
=)

Cheri',
.... You should see Brunello in person , it's much more intense of an orange than came through on the post above. =)
Shirley >^,,^< SB

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Here is 'White Henryi' from the Coop this spring......

Thumbnail by langbr

Breathtaking..... *seriously*

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Scooter - you need to upload your Tinos photo to the PDB! Heck all of them!! It was Tyke's PDB photo that sent me down the road looking for Tinos and then hosting the Lily coop this past spring when I found a source for it. Her pic is *gorgeous*!!!

Here's good ole faithful -- Orange Tiger lily

Thumbnail by langbr
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Sundry, if you will contact me, I will share some of mine, [Monte Negro] with you. I have the dwarf and tall varieties.

Maxine

I found another pic of Tinos. I think the color is a 'little' better on this one.
This digidummy is having problems ............. when I shoot down on a flower , sometimes I get blue ground or a hint of blue overall . ???

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Scooter are these first or second year bulbs? I am SO jealous of your Tinos!!! :-(

Walmart plant =))

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

WHAT!!!! WalMart!!!! No way!!! This year? Last year? Unbelievable! You probably paid a $1.50 for it too didn't ya!!?? WHAAAAA......

hehehe ! ............... This year !
I wish !
woulda bought a dozen for that price. I'm going to checkout their *Almost dead* plant clearance tomorrow and see of there are any left. They had tons of 'em. I'll grab one for ya ~~~
:-)
Langbr
I'm so sorry ....... I forgot where this post was ............Went to both Super WW's and both of them had already taken down the Shade Houses and plants all gone
:'(

This message was edited Jul 20, 2004 11:59 AM

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

scooterbug--great lilies! I'm trying to decide what colors to add & you're giving me some great ideas.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

scooterbug your addiction is a fine starter plan. i have gotten many a lily in pots at home depot after the blooms were gone. i paid $1.50 for 3 in a pot. :-)
i got my white stargazers, and another called 'hot lips', some stargazers and something else too ??? on the memory banks. all of them orientals. even if only 1 of them makes it, i've still gotten a fabulous deal. :-) and i like a good deal myself. yes i do.
thanks for sharing your pics. you have some beauties.
debi z and franklin

Scooterbug--I join you in being relatively new to lilies. I have only a handful of colors so far, but I'm always willing to trade!

Wanda, Don't know much about when they are ready to divide/dig or move.
I have 3 of each except for Brunello I have 6. LMK what you have.

'Black Dragon Strain' lillium
My new "Gottahave-itis" ............Trumpet Lilies
http://www.lilybulb.com/l6000.html

Edited to fix link.............

(Pic from link above)

This message was edited Jul 21, 2004 1:58 PM

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Scooterbug, you got mail! I'm told it's best not to move them until fall & the stalks are browned.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Scooterbug---no problemo on the WallyWorld closeouts. I'm gonna start cruising their aisles next year for sure. I did so this year but all I saw were the mixes.

The link you posted is just to the pic of Black Dragon....do you have the link to the Yahoo Store that has lilies for sale? Can't pass up another opportunity to find another online lily retailer!! LOL!

OOpsie, ... Sorry ,my mistake :'(

http://www.lilybulb.com/l6000.html
Use caution with this link , neither I or DG will be responsible for what happens when you find you can link off this one to Daylilies and Peonies ALSO ..... heheheheh ;-)

This is another one of thier 'lovelys' ...............
......................Also called Orienpets or OT Hybrids, these Interspecific crosses between Oriental and Trumpet lilies have produced lily bulbs that easily weather late Midwestern frosts without bud kill, but have the sweet fragrance and shape of Oriental lilies. These improved hybrids have all been trialed under garden conditions, so now you can have solid yellow "Orientals" for late summer, with increased drought-resistence and reliability ...........................yadda yadda yadda.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2004 9:46 PM

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Scooterbug you are evil and must be destroyed....LOL
Thanks for the expensive link to yet more lilies I just HAVE to order.
I believe my credit card is melting :-(

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

OUCH!! Think I will have to take another job soon to pay for this affliction!!
And I am supposed to be retired.

Maxine

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Uh oh, I stumbled into the lilly forum....better not tell my husband! I only have one daylilly so I need more lillies! That's right I neeeeeeed them...gooottttttaaaa have them! Hey, at least I'm not doing drugs!

Gotta go find a lilly coop!

mgh :~)

lol Riker
Yup .......... them there plastic cards can not hold up to "Warp 7" for very long
('_')

MGH, If ya find one *PLEASE*don't let me know. ....I'm pretty busy with the Canna co-op right now.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Lily Coop coming to a great forum near you soon!!! :-P

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

YEA!! on the co-op. Just checked the above link. heh, heh...just got the catalog today! Gonna go do some wishful thinking...

This message was edited Jul 21, 2004 10:32 PM

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I second that YEA!!!

Well scooterbug, I didn't let you know, but it looks like langbr did!!

langbr, any idea when?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

next month possibly...... I know Aknapp is also doing fall bulbs which will include some lilies as well....so we'll get double opportunity.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I"M NOT LISTENING!!!!! hehehehehehehehe
Well maybe just a little..............

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.