The coolest/weirdest bugs on my lily!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I tried to take good pics of them but my camera simply doesn't do close-ups! (Dagnabbit...I should be complaining about that in the Camera Forum, I'm ready for a trade-in!)

Anyhooo.....these bugs looked like seahorses that were airborne! Small, quarter inch long, and when they flew their body hung nearly vertical. Then when one would land on the flower others would climb onto it. Sometimes about 8 or 10 would all hang onto each other until they all fell to the ground...then they'd fly again and head back to the flower! Such a neat bug! (I have no idea if they are good guys or bad guys but did notice they would visit the stamens from time to time.)

Anyone familiar with these creatures?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Bad pic or no, Shoe...you gotta post it of these strange creatures!! I've got lots of lilies and never saw any such creature before!!! Are they only on the lilies?? Too weird!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yep..that's the only place I've seen them (so far)!

I'll try again w/my camera. If it doesn't do good I'll use my brothers film camera..it has more lenses.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

wow that sounds like a neat bug. never seen it on my lilies either. hope to see a pic here soon.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I haven't seen any of them again lately. I keep looking though!

If I find a pic in one of my bug books I'll post it here.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Mum said it sounds familiar HS. Wonder what they are?!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.