Welcome to the lilies forum!

By popular request... http://davesgarden.com/t/441618

dave

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you, Dave! This is gonna be great!

Cheri'

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Dave you are the greatest!!!!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hoping to read here and learn a lot. I didn't know anything about lilies or day lilies before Daves garden and am just beginning to become interested. At least, I know the difference between the two, I think. Hope to see lots of posts here that will inform me more. Thanks Dave and thanks to those who came up with the need for this forum.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Since this forum is just a baby, I'm going to post this pic again - also on the lily thread. I need to know what is wrong with it and can I fix it!

Thumbnail by kooger
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Laura - could be a virus (botrytis or other). See this page for some very general diseases of lilium. (scroll about halfway down). Could also be too much moisture and humidity with all this rain we've had in the midwest.

http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/Culture%20of%20lilium.htm

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

thanks Brenda. I'll have a look see at that site. You're a peach!!

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

I Love the Stargazers

Thumbnail by bopjg
Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dave! I am looking forward to learning more about lillies and how to extend my lily-blooming season. My DH loves them, too.

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

This is the 1st. yr. for Casa Blanca

Thumbnail by bopjg
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dave from a confirmed lover of lilies.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

◄---vouches for llilyfan's love of lilies! (teeheehee...snicker) I think the whole state of IA is probably shouting for joy over this new forum.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Lilyfan--so... when do I get to SEE your lilies????

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Dave, I need help in figuring out how to add the lily forum to my personal forums that I already watch.

Dummy me, I can't remember and have tried all of them. Maybe I am going blind?

Maxine

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Maxine - hope this helps: click on Preferences, then click on forums, click to check the new 'Lily' forum and then scroll to the bottom and click submit. I had to do it twice 'cause I forgot the submit button on the bottom. :)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

go to preferences (on right) then to forum. check liles then go to bottom of page and hit submit.

hope this helps

nina (riverrat2)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

oops!! great minds think alike, nina!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I clicked it right in--don't want to miss all the goodies you Lily people are showing us!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

3 Cheers for "Super Dave "
=)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks so much for your help. Think the pain is blurring my mind, what little I have of it!! Mind that is.
Maxine

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Show off your lilies
I thought I would start a thread for pictures!
I am really excited about this new forum. I love lilies and am looking forward to learning lots.

I will start it off here with a few that were new for me this year.
This is a dwarf asiatic. I think its called mona lisa but it looked a lot like a stargazer to me, except that the flower was larger than a normal stargazer.
I really liked them and they are great for around the edges of the lily beds.

I am going to move this now to where I intended to put it in the first place!!!! Old age is a wonderful thing!!!!haha

This message was edited Jul 6, 2004 9:31 AM

Thumbnail by aknapp
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Great Forum, Dave. I've been getting more and more into lilies.

Will enjoy this! Much obliged!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

YEA, Dave!! Thank you, thank you!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.